Anime Boston 2020 AMV Contest: Convention cancelled, update in thread

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LantisEscudo, Dec 24, 2019.

1. LantisEscudo

LantisEscudo Member AMV Contest Coordinator

Hello, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that submissions for the Anime Boston 2029 AMV Contest are now open!

There aren't any major rule changes this year; the only significant change is how Best of Show will be determined. We're also working on some changes at con that we'll be able to announce later once they're finalized, but that doesn't affect submissions or finalist selections.

A quick rules summary:
    Videos must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes long.
    No watermarks, subtitles, English dub audio, or credits.
    No more than 2 videos per person, max 1 per category.
    Videos must have publicly premiered after April 10, 2019 (1 year before the con).
    Videos must be at least 75% anime/manga/Japanese video game video source.
    Videos must be set to a single music track for at least 75% of its length. (Does not apply to Trailers/commercials)
    Videos must adhere to a PG-13 rating.
    AMV Hell style entries will not be accepted.

The deadline to submit is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Friday, February 28, 2020.

You can read the full rules at this link and the FAQ here.

I look forward to seeing what we get for entries this year.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

2. LantisEscudo

Hi, everyone!

Just a quick update, we're a month away from the deadline, so please keep that in mind.

Also, so you know, I'm going to be out of the country for the next week or so (until Feb. 7), so any entries sent in during that time will not be processed until I'm back.

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far, and I can't wait to see what else gets sent in!

3. LantisEscudo

Hi, everyone!

Just a reminder, there's only one week left to submit your videos, so get them in soon!

We've got a lot of good entries so far, but could definitely use more. The Fun/Comedy, Trailer/Commercial, and Upbeat categories all could use some more entries in particular.

Thanks to everyone who's submitted so far!

4. LantisEscudo

Hi, everyone!

There's only 24 hours left to submit to the AMV Contest, so please, get your videos in as soon as you can. The form closes promptly at 11:59PM Eastern time!

We can also use some more Fun/Comedy and Trailer/Commercial entries to round out the categories.

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far, and I can't wait to see what comes in during the final rush.

5. LantisEscudo

Thank you everyone that submitted!

Entries are now closed, and we received about 220 entries this year!

We're still processing the last batch of entries, so if you submitted and haven't seen a confirmation email that your video was received by tomorrow night, let me know and I'll look into what's up.

Thank you all again!

6. LantisEscudo

Hello, everyone!

Our finalists have been selected, and notification emails have gone out. Without further ado, in alphabetical order, the finalists are:

Arcothy B3stEck
    BattyCosmos
    BecauseImBored1
    Brian Auxier
    Chaosprojects
    DNubsPro
    drewaconclusion
    FanEditz
    Gina Nelson
    hamstar138
    Kireblue
    MadMegatax
    Milan21
    Mycathatesyou69
    NATALEO
    OpheliaDusk
    Opner
    PaNTSU oF d00m
    PieandBeer
    Pikapwn
    Silent Hero Studios
    SuperEltanin
    Team Instinct
    Troubleclef
    TwigglyFiggly
    UnluckyArtist
    Vik
    Xophilarus
    Zeonic Freak

If your name is on the list and you have not received an email, let me know and I'll resend it.

I also want to remind everyone that we're hosting Creator Spotlights in the Fan Creations Track this year. If you're attending the convention and want a chance to show off some of your work on the big screen, please look into signing up. For more information, see here: https://www.animeboston.com/forms/fan_creators_application

Thank you to everyone who submitted, and I hope everyone submits again next year.

Congratulations to the finalists, and best of luck in the finals!

7. LantisEscudo

As you may already be aware, due to the worldwide situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus, Anime Boston 2020 has been cancelled.

This is heartbreaking to all of us that help organize the convention, but I wanted to let you know what our plan is for all of the excellent Anime Music Videos that were submitted for the 2020 AMV Contest.

I’m happy to announce that there will be a showing of the complete Anime Boston 2020 AMV Contest at Anime Boston 2021, which will be held April 2-4, 2021.

The 2020 Contest showing will be in addition to the 2021 AMV Contest, which will run as normally scheduled.

Most of the details of the 2020 Contest showing are still being worked out, but we have more than a year to make it the best showing possible. I can share for certain that most, if not all, of the awards planned for this year will be given out at the showing.

We also plan to show as many entries that were scheduled to be shown in the 2020 Overflow Showing at the 2021 Overflow Showing as possible. This will depend on the number of entries we receive for the 2021 Contest, but as always, editors in attendance at the 2021 convention can speak to anyone at the tech desk to have their 2020 or 2021 entries moved up the queue so they can see their work on the big screen.

We anticipate opening entries for the 2021 Contest in December, and I hope all of you will enter again.

Finally, I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone that submitted their entries to the 2020 Contest. Your work has made an amazing contest to show, and the show WILL go on.