Anime Boston 2022 [Finalists Announced]

Discussion in 'Contests' started by LantisEscudo, Feb 6, 2022.

1. LantisEscudo

LantisEscudo Member AMV Contest Coordinator

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to announce that the Anime Boston AMV Contest is back and is now accepting submissions for the 2022 Contest!

You can read the full rules here and read the FAQ here.

The quick highlights:
    Submission deadline is April 9th, 2022 at 11:59PM Eastern Time.
    Submissions must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes long.
    Maximum 2 entries per person/group.
    No subtitles, watermarks, logos, or credits.
    Must not have premiered before April 10, 2020.
    Content must be PG-13 appropriate.
    AMV Hell-style videos will not be accepted.

The big change from previous years is we've now expanded what sources are acceptable for submission. Animated sources that originate from Japan, are directly based on properties originating from Japan (e.g. Voltron: Legendary Defender), or have a significant influence from anime (e.g. Avatar: The Last Airbender) are acceptable to be submitted to the contest. Sources that do not originate from Japan are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so if you have questions about whether a particular one is acceptable, please send me a message.

Every year, I'm astounded by the creativity in the entries we get, and I can't wait to see what people have come up with this year.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  2. LantisEscudo

Hello!

Just to remind everyone, there's just one week left to submit to Anime Boston 2022's AMV Contest.

Please submit your videos soon! We're particularly looking for entries in the Trailer/Commercial and Upbeat categories.

I also want to remind everyone that the Hentai AMV Contest is also looking for entries - the deadline to submit there is May 7th.

We've gotten some excellent entries already, and I can't wait to see what comes in this week.

Thank you to everyone that's submitted so far!

3. LantisEscudo

Hi, everyone!

There's only a bit over a day left to submit to Anime Boston 2022's AMV Contest, so please, get your entries in soon!

Thank you to everyone that's submitted so far.

4. LantisEscudo

Hello, everyone!

The finalists for the Anime Boston 2022 Anime Music Video Contest have been selected and notification emails have gone out!

In alphabetical order, the finalists are:

BecauseImBored1
    Chaosprojects
    DopplerDo
    Dr. Dinosaur
    drewaconclusion
    Gina Nelson
    hamstar138
    Hikikomori
    James Blond
    Kirbygal
    Kireblue
    l33tmeatwad
    l33tmeatwad & Pwcagal
    Nashironeko
    Pants
    Paul Geromini
    Pwcagal
    Rider4Z
    Sayoria
    shorisquared
    SilkAMV
    Syn├Žsthesia Productions
    TakeshiAMV
    TheDestineeAMV
    Tigrin
    Toon Addict Productions
    Trenzilla
    Troubleclef
    UnluckyArtist
    ZeonicFreak

If your name is on the list and you have not gotten a finalist notification email, let me know and I'll resend it.

I'll be sending another email soon with all the details about contest showings for both this year's contest and the 2020 Contest as well as the Overflow screening once we have the schedule for them finalized.

Thank you to everyone who submitted, and I hope everyone submits again next year.

Congratulations to the finalists, and best of luck in the finals!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022