Embedded Media (YouTube videos, etc)

Discussion in 'Feedback/Site Help' started by Dr. Derpface, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Dr. Derpface

Dr. Derpface Make AMV's Great Again Staff Member

So when a post contains a YT video or whatnot, it's embedded like it normally would be. This ends up causing quite a bit of lag when a thread contains a lot of posts with media, since it causes the browser to load all of them at once to be ready to play.

Would it be possible to something akin to hiding embedded video behind a spoiler tag, i.e. the page doesn't load the embedded media for that post until a user specifically requests it? If that's something doable, I think it would be a major boost to performance in media-heavy threads.

mittoh! likes this.
  2. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

Ya, I notice that as well. I will discuss this with the other admins and see what we can do

mittoh! likes this.
  3. irriadin

irriadin Administrator Staff Member

Can you please link a page that is an example of this issue? Thanks!

4. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

5. irriadin

Should be fixed now. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues related to this problem!

mittoh! likes this.
  6. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Excellent fix, thank you!!!

7. Dr. Derpface

Dr. Derpface Make AMV's Great Again Staff Member

Dunno what you did, but holy crap does that make a difference. Well done! :)

8. shorisquared

shorisquared Best Waifu

So the videos got reduced or something?

9. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

I believe that now they only buffer the videos upon being clicked, meaning that it only loads the thumbnail rather than a little bit of the video each time. That or flash player isnt asked to load in each instance, only loading on being clicked.

10. irriadin

Essentially, this.