Hello Forum, lets talk ~

Discussion in 'Feedback/Site Help' started by Replay, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hello best forum in the amv community~

Let's Talk! We have grown so much over the year and it's awesome! I am curious though, what would you like to see changed or added in the future for our community? Something you think we can do better? We can talk about anything and I like to hear your guy's feedback. I cannot promise that your suggestions will be granted but I would love to hear them!

ZoroIttoryu likes this.
  2. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

Roaar!!
    I think the forum has been pretty good so far. The design is good and its mostly bug free from what i've seen in the time i've been browsing around.
    A suggestion i have is to maybe add a section with tutorials(basic/intermediate/pro) for newer and more seasoned editors. A section like that would be really usefull imo especially for newer editors. Having an organized section with plenty of tutorials and guides of how to compose an amv project would be pretty sweet and interesting!
    I guess that's all ;3

3. I agree with this that would be really cool. Maybe something like AMVlog youtube channel did a while back. It wouldn't have to be videos even text tutorials could be helpful though video ones are nice but are more work. Maybe if we have anyone in the community who edits with mac a starting guide for Mac users would be nice. I have a friend who I've been trying to get editing for years now and the only reason they're trying to make something for NDK this year is because last year at the con I fought with their mac trying to get the amvapp to work on it, and then literally spent a whole day after I got off work explaining how to get all their footage processed over text last night,.I also don't have a mac at home and some of the programs that they used were a bit different from mine either because they were newer versions of the apps I used or a Macintosh version of the app that I use so trying to explain something without actually being there to see it in person made the whole thing just more difficult. They were able to get it prepped but it would have been so much easier if there was a tutorial that I could have linked to instead. In addition to being easier it would make the task less daunting for those wanting to just start and who have no idea how to do so. A pc starter version would be nice too, I know there's a bit more information on getting started for pc users as there are guides galore over on the org for the topic that link to programs to use that can be downloaded easily, so I guess that wouldn't be top priority, but it would be nice to have something like that for both types of computer users on this site.
    Maybe some theory guides or simple editing tips and stuff like that in addition to start up guides. Or possibly even guides for how to do certain effects in adobe premiere, after effects, sony vegas, ect.

ZoroIttoryu likes this.
  4. Replay

I agree guys, tutorials and guides has been on my mind :Bastion:

ZoroIttoryu likes this.
  5. ZephyrStar

ZephyrStar Moderator Staff Member

Yep yep, I would agree! I've wanted to do a tutorial series for awhile now, from the very basics to the more advanced. Hopefully later in the year we can start creating some of that kind of content!

6. Dr. Derpface

Dr. Derpface Make AMV's Great Again

If someone wants to make video tutorials, I'll narrate. :p

7. Replay

A good start guys! A video tutorial to me does take time, but getting some videos or even normal guides would be cool ^^

8. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

Great!
    Looking forward to it!

9. ailynerie

ailynerie "El Angie"

A thread of anime reviews (or a podcast/video series) that not only indulge on how fantastic an anime is from a viewer's point, but also how exploitable it can be from an editing stand point.

10. seasons

seasons Member

I hate the Pokemon pop-ups.

I know it's a game one can choose to participate in or ignore but I thought we were here for AMVs, and yet here's another thing steering people away from editing, away from watching videos, away from participating in the community. Like, I click on a thread and they pop up like an intrusive banner ad, shoving the topic at hand downwards, off the screen, calling for your attention, as if all things Pokemon haven't peeled enough people away from this hobby already.

This is my opinion alone, perhaps.

11. seasons

seasons Member

Someone's going to read that and think that I'm saying they can't walk and chew gum at the same time. And that's not what I meant.

I just believe that adding layers of distraction to this place is not going to get people more engaged, but will ultimately have the opposite effect.

Prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong

12. ailynerie

ailynerie "El Angie"

idk what you're going on about but if it bothers you that much you can turn it off by going to https://amvcentral.net/forums/account/preferences and disabling it.

13. seasons

seasons Member

This was great, btw.

14. Ileia

Ileia WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE Staff Member Calendar Senpai

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of it either and for much the same reason.
    Although I definitely don't think that Pokemon is pulling people away from the AMV hobby. That's something else. :LuciBro: