Interpolation?

Discussion in 'Editing Help' started by Kanadajinn, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Kanadajinn

Kanadajinn New Member

Does anyone know if this is possible with Sony vegas hd? (I don't have pro :/ )

If so, how do. I'm dying to try it out.

2. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky Administrator Staff Member

You mean so you can up the framerate of your source to 60 fps? As far as I know, no. The best-known third-party plugin would be Twixtor, and even then, it's a very involved process.

3. exkcal

exkcal Wielder of Windows Movie Maker

i tried to do that once, was way too much work.

4. Kanadajinn

Kanadajinn New Member

Hey crackthesky, yes I think that's what I mean lol. I'll take a look at that, thanks for the link :)

Exkcal, yeah that's what I've heard. Still want to try it though. It looks too damn cool.

5. exkcal

exkcal Wielder of Windows Movie Maker

You are probably going to want to get a 1080p source aswell

Kanadajinn likes this.
  6. UnluckyArtist

UnluckyArtist Member

It's possible with Vegas, How it works on Vegas? I have no idea. It might be easier to do on there.. but I hear it's better on THE AE

Kanadajinn likes this.
  7. Joskua

Joskua Taco Queen Staff Member Queen of Tacos

Hi!
    As CrackTheSky said, it's done using a third party plugin known as Twixtor.
    I know there's a version for Sony Vegas Pro but I don't know if it exists for other versions of the Vegas suite, you may need to look on the Twixtor website.

Most editors prefer to work with the Adobe After Effects version of the plugin, maybe you could try using it as it is possible to ger more help and feedback, but it's up to you.

Whatever you decide to choose will anyway be a process that may take some time to achieve a smooth and clean result, but it is worth in the end!
    Lolligerjoj made an INCREDIBLE guide about Twixtor and its usage on AMVs, which you can check in the following link https://lolligerjoj.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/twixtor-on-anime-footage-and-ae-workflow-using-twixtor/

Hope you manage to do what you want to!

Kanadajinn likes this.
  8. Kanadajinn

Kanadajinn New Member