Kawaii Kon 2019 VAST Video Art Contest - Closed - Finalists Announced

Discussion in 'Contests' started by KurenaiRoze, Oct 29, 2018.

1. KurenaiRoze

KurenaiRoze Member AMV Contest Coordinator

Here is the confirmation list of participants who have entered the contests/showcases in alphabetical order by username or real name. If your name isn't listed and has entered or didn't receive a confirmation email, please email me at vast@kawaiikon.com

VAST Video Art Contest Participants:
    Allaire
    AllegoriestAMVs
    AMV-X
    AngelMaeVictory
    AquaSorceress
    Bry__
    Carl K.
    Casual-swimmer
    Cirera
    Cneq
    Copycat_Revolver
    DailyWithPets
    DopplerDo
    drewaconclusion
    EnQuatre
    Glitzer
    Hiroto Sumi
    HotaruT
    James Blond
    JanikaChan & Trenzilla
    KakeruIkkou
    Kireblue
    Knage
    Kroner
    Kyci
    Maboroshi Studio
    Machina21
    Magicflier
    MarikoAMV
    Mindless
    MoonieAMV
    MrShmucker
    Mysunsai
    Nuke
    numbuh0051
    OscarAMV
    PaNTSU oF d00m
    Pasta Sauce Productions
    Pikapwn
    Player One
    rgb
    Rider4Z
    Sakura Sarah
    Speedy180
    Studio Hawk
    SuperEltanin
    TheDestineeAMV
    Tuffens
    TwigglyFiggly
    V-AMVs
    Vynasth
    WPTiara
    Zandersen
    Zane K.

VAST Video Medley Participants:
    amvSocks
    AngelMaeVictory
    DopplerDo
    HotaruT
    Mol
    MoonieAMV
    Rider4Z
    Whippet-AT

Hello editors,

It is that time of the year again! We are proud to announce for Kawaii Kon 2019: the 14th annual Video Art (VA) Contest; the return of our special category contest, Varied Theme Contest (VTC); and Video Medley (VM) Showcase for Kawaii Kon 2019.

VAST VA Rules, Short Version
    For full explanations of the Main VA Contest, VTC, and WM, please see the long version of the rules (http://kawaiikon.com/events/vast/vast-rules-submission-guidelines/)

Who can enter?
    The contest is open to all participants. Although it is strongly encouraged participants in the contest be attendees, attendance is not a requirement for entry. The staffers and judges of VAST will not be able to participate, however other Kawaii Kon staffers are free to enter. Please read and understand all the rules listed below.

What can I enter?
    Original production video art is welcome and encouraged. Live action and/or self-animated works (by computer or otherwise) are also welcome, but may be judged separately if warranted by the number of entries submitted. The only exclusion is for videos that have been sent to previous Kawaii Kon contests or entered into other VAST showcases in the same year. These videos are ineligible for competition in the VAST contests.

Where can I enter?
    The only way to enter the VAST Contests is via internet by either through public file transfer sites not requiring memberships to download or your own web hosting site. No hand-in entries will be accepted at the convention.

When can I enter?
    Entries will be accepted now until Friday, February 15, 2019 @ 11:59 pm HST.
    Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the KK VAST Video Art Contest on Saturday, April 6, 2019.

Why do I enter?
    To see your video on the big screen in front of a live audience and for the chance to win recognition and fortune! Okay well, not fortune, but if you are one of the winners, you can “win some wood”! Additional prizes and awards may be awarded at the discretion of the VAST Department. All prizes and awards have a negligible cash value.

How do I enter?
    Make a video, fill in the entry form, enter it and make sure it gets to us by the entry deadline. Preferred format is MP4/ MKV - other formats will also be accepted. Although your entries will be judged in their original submitted format, they will be converted to MP4/MKV on this end for display / archiving purposes. For the most control over how your video is displayed, it is suggested that you do your own MP4/MKV conversion work.

Questions?
    Please post questions below in this thread or email the VAST Department at vast@kawaiikon.com
    Do not be afraid to ask!

Thank you for participating in the contest again!
    Kelly Ann Webb
    Kawaii Kon VAST Executive Officer

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. KurenaiRoze

Hello everybody,
    We have about two months left until the deadline! Keep the entries coming in. The VTC needs more lovee for Kaijuu!

3. KurenaiRoze

Look at the previous winners' wood plaques. They are beautifully laser engraved~ Don't you want one? The picture is provided by meh!
    [​IMG]

4. KurenaiRoze

There is a month left until the deadline. Get those entries in early, so you don't have to worry! There are two entries for VTC-02 at the moment and zero entries for VM. We need love for those two <3

5. KurenaiRoze

Reminder: There are two weeks left until the deadline. The deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019 @ 11:59 P.M. HST. Time is running out. Contact me if anything. We need more entries for Varied Theme Contest and Video Medley showcase!

6. KurenaiRoze

Reminder: There is a week left until the deadline. Please turn in entries early as possible! It'll be easier for you and me :)

7. KurenaiRoze

Reminder: Today is the last day for accepting entries until 11:59 P.M. HST! Please turn in your entries as soon as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to pm or email. I'll be posting up entrant list over the weekend.

8. KurenaiRoze

Here are the finalists! Congratulations. The announcement of the winners will be on Saturday, April 6th during the VAST Video Art Contest screening. Good luck to our finalists once more.

VAST Video Art Contest Finalists
    AngelMaeVictory
    Cirera
    Copycat_Revolver
    DailyWithPets
    DopplerDo
    drewaconclusion
    EnQuatre
    Glitzer
    Kireblue
    Knage
    Kroner & [key]Scarlet