Kawaii Kon 2023 - VAST Video Art Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by buma, Nov 27, 2022.

1. buma

buma New Member

Hello fellow editors young, old, and everything in between!

The VAST at Kawaii Kon 2023 turns its sweet 16 this year! Come and join in the celebration by entering our VAST Video Art Contest!

For full explanations of the Main Video Art Contest, please see the long version of the rules.

Who can enter?
    The contest is open to all participants with only minor exceptions for KK-VAST crew and judges.

What can I enter?
    Any original production video art is welcome and encouraged. Live action and/or self-animated works (by computer or otherwise) are also welcome. The only exclusion is for videos that have been sent to any previous VAST Kawaii Kon contest.

Where can I enter?
    Via an internet link through a public file transfer site that does NOT require membership to download or via your own web hosting site.

When can I enter?
    Entries will be accepted now until Friday, 10 February 2023 @ 11:59 pm HST.
    Winners will be announced after the conclusion of the KK VAST Video Art Contest on Saturday, 1 April 2023.

Why do I enter?
    To win some wood, of course! Customized laser cut plaques are awarded to the Best in Showcase at the VAST Video Art Contest each year: additional prizes and awards may be awarded at the discretion of the VAST Department. All prizes and awards have a negligible cash value.

How do I enter?
    Make a video, fill in the entry form, enter it and make sure it gets to us by the entry deadline. Preferred container & formats are MP4 / MKV & X.264 & stereo AC-3 - limited other formats will also be accepted. Although your entries will be judged in their original submitted format, they may be converted to MP4/MKV on our end but only for contest display purposes. For the most control over how your video is displayed, it is suggested that you do your own MP4/MKV conversion work.

Questions?
    Please post questions below in this thread or email the VAST Department at vast@kawaiikon.com