Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Anime/Manga Discussion' started by Farm, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Farm

Farm Member

[​IMG]

Are you following any manga? Wanna comment something about your monthly/weekly
    or new manga series you found somewhere?? Do you collect mangas? Everything related
    to your favorite mangas could be posted here :O

Right now I'm following:

-One Piece
    -Gintama
    -Happiness
    -Shokugeki no Soma
    -Boku no Hero
    -Rikudo!
    -Hajime no Ippo
    -Prison School
    -Dragon ball Super
    -Dimension W

2. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

I am not reading much right now, Mostly keeping up with Fairy Tail, Ao no Exorcist, Birdy the Mighty II, and a couple others

3. Farm

Farm Member

Nobody around here buys mangas?
    I was going to post photos of the stuff I have, but it'll be sad because I keep selling them :(

4. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

I do!!
    I will post pictures of my collection later tonight!

Also the manga im following weekly/monthly are:
    One piece
    Rikudo
    Dragon Ball Super
    Yakusoku no Neverland

Demon's Pan
    Haikyuu
    One Punch-man

Platinum End

5. mittoh!

mittoh! Laurie

I have a local store that sells mangas and ive bought a few, mostly tokyo ghoul because then i dont get judged too much hehe. I'll see if i can take some pics for this thread. I follow quite a few mangas... online... as well :p

6. TheAceRailgun

Only manga I've bought are from the A Certain Scientific Railgun series, a couple from W Juliet, and I imported Ame Nochi Hare (my favorite Manga of all time).

7. Nate

Nate Nate The Old School Otaku AMV Contest Coordinator

I've bought quite a few manga over the years, but since I don't spend much time in class, on the bus, ect I don't really find much time to read anymore. But what I do have can be kinda seen here:(move ahead to 28m21s to see the manga)

My collection is currently all in boxes atm so this is the best shot I have of it.

8. ZoroIttoryu

Took some photos of my manga collection (image quality sucks sorry :p)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  9. TheAceRailgun

I have an irl friend who'd approve of that collection, so much Jojo's.

Also I found my one chapter of My Hero Academia, and Alien Nine, also the Big Hero 6 Manga.

10. ZoroIttoryu

Jojo manga is life and those vizmedia releases are the best quality manga in my collection <3

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  11. TheAceRailgun

This is true, Hard cover Manga in general is high quality, I still want to pick up Wonder Son's Manga eventually

12. ZoroIttoryu

Havent heard of this manga, is it good ?

13. TheAceRailgun

Yea, it's great imo, and the title's Wondering son, sorry, typoed there.

14. Axel

Axel Super High School Level Bad Luck

I really want to buy all the volumes for Psyren since it's my favorite manga,i have only the first one for now.

15. Tigrin

Tigrin Member

Series I'm buying as new English volumes become available:
    - Vinland Saga
    - Noragami
    - Blue Exorcist
    - Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles

Sometimes series don't come out fast enough for me so I buy and read them in Japanese. x_x; Most of the series I was buying in Japanese (like Kingdom Hearts) have wrapped up though.

ZoroIttoryu and TheAceRailgun like this.
  16. KonahaANBU

KonahaANBU Lancelot

I am reading
    • Tokyo Ghoul:re
    • Fuuka
    • Bastard
    • New Gate
    • tate no yuusha no nariagari
    • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

right now

17. Ploxerdon

Ploxerdon I have returned

Rosario + Vampire manga is so good (unlike the anime KEK)

Also planning on reading Yu-Gi-Oh series soon.

18. Blackbrainz

Blackbrainz New Member

Currently reading
    -Bakuon Rettou (Great delinquent manga about biker kids. Underrated!)
    -Kaiji (Classic!)
    -Hajime no Ippo (Another one.)
    -Elf-san wa Yaserarenai (Very funny manga about a slacker elf woman who loves beer.)
    -Black Lagoon (*Migos gun adlibs*)
    -Vinland Saga (Really cool, updates aren't very regular.)
    -Konosuba (The BEST.)
    -Bakuon! (Cute girls on motorcycles)
    -Servant x Service (Cute girls in offices.)
    -MS Gundam The Origin (Cute mechs in space.)

19. FoxJones

FoxJones the Foxiest

I think Bride's Story and Spice & Wolf are the only big names that I'm seriously following right now.
    Others are more indie like series that I occasionaly eye through from sites like dynasty scans.. stuff like "Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle", "Catulus Syndrome" or "Kemono Friends"

20. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

I have too many manga series that I'm reading to really list properly (51, and that's not counting the ones which have been buried in my bookmarks, as I have started them but forgot to add them to my manga list). I do buy manga as well, have quite a lot of shelves (my best and largest would have to be the now out of print Fruits Basket series), just a lot of my currently online readings do not have physical copies here yet (I buy them when they come out though, like Terraformars, despite already having read them online) I'd say favourites that I am currently reading though would have to be:
    -Berserk (Finally, it's going somewhere, so much hiatus)
    -DOGS: Bullets & Carnage (one of my favourites that I have in physical copies, wish wasn't so slow to release though)
    -Gangsta (Another physical copy favourite, the anime kind of ended rather lame though considering what they could have ended with from the manga)
    -Maho Shoujo Apocalypse (Hope this gets an anime adaptation by a cool studio like Madhouse. Needs all that uncensored action and lolis murdering people)
    -One Piece (really the only 'Big Anime/Manga group (Naruto, Bleach etc)' type thing I follow. Story is good, characters are good, its given me joy and feels through the years)
    -Terraformars (I like insects, and seeing soldiers become cool insect warriors to punch actual insects in the face is great)
    - Kyochuu Rettou (Again, I like insects, and watching school kids trapped on an island being attacked by giant bugs is also great)
    -Okite Nemuru (Guy grows a giraffe head, eats some people, gets shot, stuff goes down from there. Read it, its a unique experience)