MTAC Haiku (2017) AMV Contest OPEN - Deadline March 10th

Discussion in 'Contests' started by GloryQuestor, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Added to Calendar: 03-10-17
  1. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

The Middle Tennessee Anime Convention AMV Contest is now open for submissions! Please click here for the submission form.

This year's convention theme is Haiku. Videos that utilize a theme around the 17-syllable poetry art form will be considered for the theme category, so get your thinking caps on and let's see what you can come up with!

The deadline for submission cut-off is March 10, 2017 at 11:59pm CST. An up-to-date copy of the rules are posted in the submission form. If you have any questions or problems with your submission(s), please e-mail john.wendel@mtac.net

Good luck to all of our entrants! :D

2. Celia Phantomhive

Celia Phantomhive The Yaoi Wizard Staff Member Queen of Yaoi

How many people do you think will submit Haikyuu videos to the Haiku category

jojama, AniRose and mittoh! like this.
  3. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

Well, if it somehow incorporates haiku for Haikyuu, then it would work for the category (and yes, I looked and this is a thing ;) ).

4. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Questor, you asked for access to the AMV con organisers area yet? They give you a fancy title and access to an area to talk to other organisers.

Also that sounds really interesting, ill keep an eye on your competition lol

5. Shin

Shin Senpai Staff Member Calendar Senpai

man... I can't even think of what I would do to try to make a vid that fits the theme.... its boggling my mind.

6. Celia Phantomhive

Celia Phantomhive The Yaoi Wizard Staff Member Queen of Yaoi

i counted the syllables in your post, thought you were being clever

jojama likes this.
  7. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

Less than 28 days left to enter, and we are still looking for more submissions. We are also looking for entries that fit the theme of the convention, and more entries for the Extreme Contest.

Again, if you have any questions, please let us know by my MTAC e-mail (john.wendel@mtac.net).

Thanks to those who have submitted, and keep those submissions coming! [​IMG]

8. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

9. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

Less than 2 weeks remain until the close of the MTAC contest. We are especially looking for more in Comedy, but all categories are still a pretty open field, especially the Convention Theme of Haiku. We are also sorely lacking in Extreme Contest entries, so any of those you might have would also be appreciated so we can give our 18+ crowd a good show this year!

Thanks to all who have been submitting, and keep those submissions coming!

10. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

11. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

It is less than a week to go until the submission deadline. Even though the submission deadline is the end of day March 10th, we still give you a couple of days to upload if you need the time to finish a video up.

Any questions, please let me know. We can't wait to see your videos. :)

12. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

Only three days left until the deadline for the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention, and we are still pretty open for anything, but especially Comedy and some more Extreme videos if you have them!

There is a last-minute change to our normal submission rules: There will be no extensions for MTAC. Our Pre-Screening event is just too close to the deadline to extend any submissions or deadlines -- we will actually need all videos in our hands by 11:59pm CST on March 11th in time for the weekend judging. Also, if you have submitted and confirmed a video with Tekko, you will most likely be able to get into MTAC as well if you have not submitted for it yet. Just respond by PM or send an e-mail off to john.wendel@mtac.net or amvs@teamtekko.us and we will take care of the rest.

We are at the last days, so keep those submissions coming! :)

13. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

This is it! Only less than 1 day until the MTAC Haiku (2017) AMV Contest submissions close.

As stated above, the deadline for entering submission data for the Main Contest is tonight at 11:59pm CST. We have also changed the file upload deadline for the Main Contest to 11:59pm CST tomorrow, March 11th. There will be no extensions for the Main Contest. The Extreme Contest is unchanged from the rules -- Extreme entries will be accepted up until 11:59pm CDT March 13th, provided that you enter the information into the submission system before tonight's submission deadline.

If you have any questions about these changes or about the contest, please let us know.

Keep those submissions coming! [​IMG]

14. jojama

jojama New Member

Haiku?? How abstract and artistic, can't wait to see what turns up.

15. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

Less than 25 minutes to go until the close of submissions for MTAC!

16. GloryQuestor

GloryQuestor Member

... and that's it. Submissions are now closed. We will be processing the remaining videos and sending out confirmations.

Thank you to all who have entered, and good luck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.