Official Rules

Discussion in 'AMV Roulette 2017' started by Radical_Yue, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Radical_Yue

Radical_Yue Administrator Staff Member

Added the final optional prize to the rules.
    Figured that if you spent all your time winning Roulette your friends and family are probably just about done with you....so you'll need a friend.

mittoh! and TheAceRailgun like this.
  2. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

Hahaha, I approve of this, if someone chooses this, they better bring it to NDK.

3. They need to get it it a cane, top hat, and monocle though since it's the Gentleman Banana. Therefore to go out in public it must be the gentleman of all the gentleman banana's.

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  4. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

I would love the money prizes, but the plushie lover in me really wants that banana. Plus his gentlemanly face is just the best

5. Ploxerdon

Ploxerdon I have returned

I'm totally not a sellout who participates just for the money prizes.

That wouldn't be the deed of a gentleman.

6. Kazu

Kazu Pink Power

You just have to join because of that banana now

7. Strat

Strat New Member

Music Genres: Where would you put alternative rock or indie rock? It has a light mood in contrast to popular rock or metal, so maybe doesn't fit with rock/metal... or yes?
    And what about pop rock?

PS: I have more quesitons!!
    Required Lyric: Something like a word or male/female voice?
    Required Instrument: this is not the same as instrumental? or you will decide an specific instrument?

I'm sorry, it's my first time >.<

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  8. Radical_Yue

You're fine!
    So if we say Rock then just about all sub-genres of rock will work. Same goes for just about all the genres. So if Electronic music is chosen that means trance, dubstep, chillstep, electrohouse, etc. We'll clarify the genres each time one is selected and Kisanzi will approve/disapprove songs for editors who are unsure if their selected song meets the criteria.

Required lyric is more of something where you'd need to pick a song with a specific lyric in it. So if the required lyric is "I punch babies in the face." then you can choose any song you want, regardless of genre that has that lyric in it. It won't be as specific and we'll once again have qualifications and guidelines for it if it gets selected but that's the general idea.
    Required instrument is basically where we spin an additional wheel that determines what instrument HAS to be in the song. So if piano is selected the song can be of any genre as long as there is a piano in it.

9. Strat

Strat New Member

I get it, thank you so much! I see I will have a lot of problems with music choice, since you can find random music but you don't really know in what genre you can add it, specially when 2 genres are combined like rap and electronic/pop electronic, electropunk etc. Also, there are tons of artist you don't really know what style is, and can change with time.
    Anyways, we always can ask to Kisanzi. Thank you again! This helped to me a lot

10. sakuraslight

sakuraslight New Member

DAMN missed the sign ups TT_TT

11. Radical_Yue

Both of them even! I was wondering where you, Drango, Savy, and the rest were :p

sakuraslight likes this.
  12. sakuraslight

sakuraslight New Member

Its your silly american times.
    XP

for me and drango as an excuse. savy I don't know why she missed it.

13. sakuraslight

sakuraslight New Member

I may Enter some non competing entries ^_^ ... any backups list ?

14. AniRose

AniRose New Member

both incredibly excited and incredibly stressed as it grows ever closer

15. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

I'm just excited to do this again, and improve my editing.

sakuraslight and AniRose like this.