Polishing a Video - Which Program?

Discussion in 'Editing Help' started by espressoyourself, Jun 17, 2018.

1. espressoyourself

espressoyourself New Member

I've decided I want to polish up my first AMV, and my biggest issue with it (aside from the footage quality) is the poor transitions. Now, normally I work in Sony Vegas, but I have Premiere and After Effects. I was originally going to put the transitions and effects in through one of those.

My dilemma now is that I don't know if I should just remake the video from scratch in Premiere or if I should export the old video (with better footage quality) from Vegas and then re-cut it in Premiere to add the transitions. What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your help!!

2. Niotex

Niotex Administrator Staff Member

It really comes down to what you want to do and what you've already done. There isn't anything Premiere can do that Vegas can't do basically. So your best bet would probably just looking into replacing the footage with higher quality source files.

3. espressoyourself

espressoyourself New Member

Well, turns out the decision was made for me, since Vegas didn't like my updated file! Oh well, I'm already making a lot of changes to the Premiere version and I'm having a good time with it! Thanks for your advice though!