Question of the week #10 Beam me up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagacie, Apr 30, 2017.

?

Do you love sassy Wendy

Poll closed May 7, 2017.
  1. GIVE ME MORE SASS AND BURGERS

36.4%
  2. I don't like wendy but this meme is amazing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fuck wendy's

9.1%
  4. This must be giving wendy a ton of free advertisement

54.5%
  5. meh just another boring meme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kagacie

Kagacie King of procrastinators and potatoes

[​IMG]

Hi there again!
    Welcome back to the Question of the week,

Last week really got me curious what would happen if we have a editors travel fund, just so people could meet each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month the theme is Traveling, Editing, anime games everything is global and connected. We all travel so let us dedicate this month to the art of traveling

[​IMG]

The Question is:

Would it be good if everyone was able to teleport?

Week 2 means #Debatable so a question to debate about.
    Do you think that if every person on earth was able to teleport it would be a good thing? Would angry children just randomly run away from home and never be seen again? Or would it be great to able to visit your grandma on the other side of the world whenever you want?

Poll results:

Last week’s poll question was: How long do you think it will take before we have another world war?
    THE RESULTS AREEE: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last week answer to the riddle: Sakamoto

[​IMG]

Riddle

With this power you shall heed my command

Friend or foe

All will fall once they see the crow

Highlight

Winner is : WolfAndSerpent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

Ahahaha I am riddle master :v
    Whilst it would save on travel money and make any form of public transport null and void, I fear it would be misused. Criminals teleporting into banks to steal money, only to be teleported into prison by cops who had already teleported into the safe. Perverts teleporting into changing rooms and so on. This sounds like a great anime plot though. I demand you make it, Kagacie, you can do it, just get a few thousand dollars and some overworked staff to draw and the like
    Lelouch from Code Geass?
    [​IMG]

3. Ileia

Ileia WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE Staff Member Calendar Senpai

[​IMG]

Kagacie likes this.
  4. Kagacie

Kagacie King of procrastinators and potatoes

I tried so hard :(
    [​IMG]

5. Ileia

Ileia WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE Staff Member Calendar Senpai

[​IMG]

Kagacie likes this.
  6. Joskua

Joskua Taco Queen Staff Member Queen of Tacos

As a prior answers stated so, I think it would have lots of bad uses D:
    But maybe instead of being a power where others can't control what a single individual can do it would be better to teleport via some controlled devices, maybe you can set some kind of hardware that blocks teleporting inside houses/buildings and only +18 individuals with no criminal records would be able to have their own teleporting device, it would be like having a car but faster.

7. I mean probably wouldn't be good for everyone to be able to teleport... it'd be really simple to get away with crimes though... because even if cops/detectives could teleport too they'd still have no way to know where you teleported to... so crime rate would probably go through the roof.
    But it would be pretty nifty for those who didn't abuse it. No more traffic and having to drive to and from work and other places. Save a ton on gas. You could travel whereever you wanted and have very few travel expensives because you litterally could stay at home and wouldn't have to pay for plane or train or someother type of expensive tickets, even if you travel somewhere overseas.
    So while there'd be some really cool benefits to it... it probably wouldn't be best for everyone to be able teleport.

Joskua likes this.
  8. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

Teleportation used by anyone could go soooo wrong :p
    Certainly not everyone should be able to use it and +18 is a must. Certain individuals only, should be able to use it like jos said!
    Monitoring all that would be a drag imo, so bad usages will probably happen more than enough times. On the other hand if it can be monitored correctly it could be pretty useful for everyday tasks and not only. And well if such a thing exists sometime in the future and its available to the average person, health issues will probably occur as people wont have to move around much on their own!

Joskua likes this.
  9. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

Obviously yes!!!

10. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

1463612105900.jpg
    I'm gonna say no, thats a terrible idea, i dont wanna be assaulted or robbed by some loser with a grudge cause he can appear and disappear at will...