Question of the week #3 Christmas and AMV Central

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagacie, Dec 16, 2016.

?

Have you ever fallen asleep behind you computer editing?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2016.
  1. ha..ha.. yes many many times

5.9%
  2. sometimes when there was a deadline the next day

5.9%
  3. no but I did take naps while editing

29.4%
  4. I am a good functional human being who is capable of getting a proper amount of sleep

11.8%
  5. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

41.2%
  6. No because adderall and drugs

5.9%
  1. Kagacie

Kagacie King of procrastinators and potatoes

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Question of the week, for those new to this a quick explanation of how it works.

The QOTW consist out of three parts

- The Question of the week

- Poll results

- The weekly Craft

QOTW

Every week I ask a different question to the community, these questions could be anything but will mostly be related to amv’s, editing anime, music japan, etc.
    There is also a Topic each month to which the questions are related such a Christmas, Technology, Action videos.

You can simply copy or Quote the question and give your answer. Easy, right?

Poll results

There will also be a weekly poll which will not always be related to the topic, the results of this poll will be shown in the next QOTW

Weekly Craft

Here will whatever one of the great community members has crafted regarding to the topic.

This could be anything from a picture of their amazing Halloween decorations, to a video dedicated to love.
    there is total creative freedom.

So, show me your greatest creations!

You can just send me a PM if you want to but I invite you to share your creations with the community show us what you are capable off

The goal of this is simply to have people communicate about different topics and meet new people as you are always able to chat with others about new topics every week.

This month because it is the first month with the new site we have two themes these are Christmas and AMVCentral.
    What do these themes mean? Christmas is very simply this month I want to know everything related to Christmas from the great people of this slowly growing community.

I want to know everything from how you celebrate Christmas to your weirdest Christmas stories.

And AMVCentral, I wish to know your opinions about everything related to this new community.

Hope you enjoy this week’s QOTW and have a great day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, welcome to this week’s QOTW, last week had some interesting question but personally this one was my favorite of all

little shoutout to our awesome member Replay

now time for the Questions.

[​IMG]

The Question is: What is the best/funniest/weirdest Christmas present you have ever gotten

People can’t always know what to give for Christmas and sometimes they give out the weirdest presents and other times they give you exactly what you want and that presents stays with you all your life.

So please tell us the story about the best, weirdest or funniest presents you have gotten during Christmas.

[​IMG]
    The Question is: What are your hobbies outside editing and why do you like them?

Editing is a fun and sometimes amazing hobby but I also wonder what other talents this community has to hide, tell me your other hobbies outside of editing?
    do you like to draw? Show us your art.
    if sleeping is your hobby tell us about your strangest dreams!
    You like to write music ,send in a song!

Poll results:

Last week’s poll question was: Dog VS Cats
    THE RESULTS AREEE:[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The majority Voted : Dog!

It seems like the war has been settled, the community has spoken. Dogs are our true gods!

Weekly craft:
    last week I asked everyone to start a conversation with a stranger and send me screenshots of their best conversations.

Well I can say we have a community of extremely high intellectuals with extremely deep and meaningful topics.

[​IMG]
    on a side note :
    celia said i could post about dicks

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Celia Phantomhive

Celia Phantomhive The Yaoi Wizard Staff Member Queen of Yaoi

-writes in option "SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK"-

3. Kagacie

Hey hey psst.. refresh

Celia Phantomhive likes this.
  4. Celia Phantomhive

YAAASSSSSSS!!!

5. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

What is the best/funniest/weirdest Christmas present you have ever gotten?
    I dont think i have ever gotten a present which was really funny or weird, at least since i remember myself :p
    The best christmas present i ever got though is a ps3 back in the day :D

What are your hobbies outside editing and why do you like them?
    I play football in a local amateur team and im the goalkeeper. I guess i like catching balls (-waits for celia's gay reference-)

6. Shin

Shin Senpai Staff Member Calendar Senpai

I need an "No because adderall and drugs' option

7. Kagacie

these weeks polls are gonna have the most ridiculious answers, GOOD!

8. Shin

Shin Senpai Staff Member Calendar Senpai

9. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

My humorous discourses from the discord are now here forever.
    [​IMG]
    Truly this is a fantastic thread we have here!

10. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

What is the best/funniest/weirdest Christmas present you have ever gotten?

One year, back when i was about 7, I recieved some modelling chocolate (i've always been into art). That in itself wasnt really that cool, but last christmas day i found this chocolate in my room again, and tried to eat it on a live skype call with my friends. It had turned into what looked like solid wood, tasted like plastic melted onto carpet and had the nutritional value of a rock. I ended up throwing it up outside the house. Hilariously my sister came into the room, and recognised the packaging and wouldn't stop laughing for a week straight.

I'm a sucker for martial arts and parkour (freerunning). I cant remember why but Ive always felt attracted to that sort of ninja type stuff. If im walking around ill walk along walls and if im alone in a room ill practice moves. By now its probably more like a habit rather than a hobby.
    Aside from that I do a lot of work at my college radio station broadcasting and hosting shows because I'd like to practice being confident.

11. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

I can't recall a weird present, just lame ones like socks when I was little

3d modeling

12. The weirdest thing I got was probably a screaming pickle. Ot was a plastic pickle with a button on it. On the button was a painted on face that looked like it was screaming. And when you push the button it played a recorded scream. It was funny but otherwise pretty much useless.

Hobbies outside of editing. I used to play airsoft back in the day. Its been a few years since I've done so since I work weekends and thats when all the air soft arenas are open. There used to be one up in Colorado Springs that'd I'd go to all the time called DMZ but I think they went out of buisness. I did buy a new pistol recently from a coworker who I found out liked airsoft too and was selling his old one. So I've been thinking about trying to get back into airsoft. It be helpful in getting back into shape again as the last two years have been a miserable uphill battle with weight gain.
    Costuming I make cosplays and stuff like that I made a stormtrooper for the 501st Legion which is a costuming group that makes star wars villain costumes that are screen accurate and does chairty events in them. I'm also currently working on a tie fighter pilot now.
    Other than that video games are cool. Then again who doesn't like video games... is that considered a hobby in that case.
    I've also been wanting to teach myself animation so I've dabbled in that a bit... I'm not very good at it.

13. Celia Phantomhive

ooooooooooh my GOD

14. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

During a time when my husband and I were low on funds we decided that for Christmas we would give each other only one present, but it had to be something that required a lot of thought. I don't remember what I gave him that year because what he gave me was the best gift ever.

I love cherry blossoms, and we were in JoAnn's crafts one time and randomly saw a cherry blossom fleece fabric. Didn't do anything about it then and I forgot all about it. Well on Christmas eve a couple months later he handed me this big box that wasn't very heavy. I was very confused. I opened the box and pulled out a blanket he made for me out of the cherry blossom fabric we saw at JoAnn's. He doesn't make blankets. I had no words, but I did have tears. And I still sleep with it every night.

15. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

[​IMG] AWWWWWW

Rider4Z likes this.
  16. PieandBeer

PieandBeer the most important meal of the day

The Question is: What is the best/funniest/weirdest Christmas present you have ever gotten
    I've gotten a Guy Fieri branded pan and cookbook. They're just for decoration though because I live off bagels and can't cook.

[​IMG]
    can't stop won't stop

17. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Merry christmas everyone