Question Of The Week#7 Tales of under

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagacie, Jan 20, 2017.

?

which generation of pokemon is your favortie

Poll closed Jan 27, 2017.
  1. Gen 1 The original Squad!

58.3%
  2. Gen 2 beware of my water spitting crocodile that dances like there is not tomorrow.

8.3%
  3. Gen 3 Blaziken gon kick yo ass

25.0%
  4. Gen 4 FLAME MONKKEEEEYYYY

16.7%
  5. Gen 5 FLAME PIGGYYYYY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Gen 6 are you telling me I get a ninja toad with a baddass scarf? WHERE DO I SIGN UP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gen 7 THAT OWL IS WEARING A BOWTIE! A FLIPPING BOWTIE!!!

8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kagacie

Kagacie King of procrastinators and potatoes

[​IMG]
    Hi there again!
    Welcome to the Question of the week, for those new to this a quick explanation of how it works.

The QOTW exist out of three parts

- The Question of the week

- Poll results

- The weekly Riddle

Qotw

Every week I ask a different question to the community, these questions could be anything but will mostly be related to amv’s, editing anime, music japan, etc.
    There is also a Topic each month to which the questions are related such a Christmas, Technology, Action videos.

You can simply copy or Quote the question and give your answer. Easy, right?

Poll results
    There will also be a weekly poll which will not always be related to the topic, the results of this poll will be shown in the next Qotw

Weekly Riddle
    Every week I will present a riddle to the community, the answers to these riddles could be an anime or a character.
    If the answer is a character just naming the anime will considered correct but the more specific the better. It will give you higher points.

Correct anime is 5 points
    Correct character is 10 points

The user who has it right by the end of the week gets to highlight something of their choice, this can be: a song, a film a AMV, just a random video, or just something you wish to share with the community.

And the user with the most points end of the month gets to choose the theme of next month

Answer will be posted next week!

The goal of this is simply to have people communicate about different topics and meet new people as you are always able to chat with others about new topics every week.

Hope you enjoy this weeks Qotw and have a great day

Last week was an opinion piece and found the response to it very interesting, this week INDIE GAMES!

This month the theme is Videogames, As I know many within this community are also gamers, whether you roam the vast lands of Skyrim, wait for your ultimate in Overwatch or plan your steps out in Hitman. Most of have videogames as a secondary hobby so let us dedicate this month to this!
    [​IMG]
    The Question is: Which Indie game surprised you the most after playing/seeing it.

With that MASSIVE rise of indie games in the past few years, there have been big failures, incomplete projects and then, then there were some that hit us all by total surprise , for example undertale took people by surprise with its gameplay or owlboy with it’s interesting visuals and story.

So tell me which of the army of indie games out now, took you by surprise?

Poll results:

Starting this week, you are allowed to ask for addition poll options.

Last week’s poll question was: Is it peanut butter jelly time?
    THE RESULTS AREEE:[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weekly Riddle(Character):

Last weeks answer waassss:Yuno Gasai

[​IMG]
    Last weeks winner was: Mittoh
    Winner Highlight: 'the new credits song for youjo senki'

(Note)

I forgot to place winner of the first riddle that was: WolfAndSerpent
    Her highlight is:

this weeks riddle is:

The hero is fully grown
    His path was fully shown
    We will never forget his past
    Where he started as the outcast.

Hint: 2007

Wrong answers:
    - Naruto
    - Hei

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

I'd say Quern: Undying Thoughts, Momodora: Reverie Under The Moon Light, Subnautica, and Va-11 Hall-A are the games that have really taken me by surprise so far. They've all had something really interesting or unique to the story or gameplay.

3. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

Ultimate Chicken Horse

4. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

Long Live the Queen is a pretty fun indie game for me, get to be a princess (and die, many many times, welcome to the dark souls of time management/training simulators).
    Starbound is awesome, I enjoy it more than Terraria, as has space penguins. SPACE. PENGUINS. Finally, Botanicula has been my favourite point and click puzzle game, so many cute insects and plant creatures.
    Could it be....Naruto? Little baby boy all grown up now
    [​IMG]

5. Kagacie

what.... that game isn't real.. is it..?

6. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

7. Kagacie

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  8. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

riddle hmmm...
    could it be hei from darker than black?
    [​IMG]
    So tell me which of the army of indie games out now, took you by surprise?

Hotline miami was amazing, although I really fell in love with rimworld lately. Undertale i didnt really get into. It looked well done but not my thing. Va-11 Hall-A was fantastic. And oh my god was starbound a ton of fun. I played it to death, even though i can hardly run it lol.

9. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

i dont really play games that much rip peperoni :eek:

10. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

Buy it, its great for drinking and playing with your friends XD

11. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

this weeks riddle is:

The hero is fully grown
    His path was fully shown
    We will never forget his past
    Where he started as the outcast.
    Hint: 2007

Is the answer Simon from Gurren Lagann?

12. Kagacie

where most would have said kamina you got it right.
    story ended with him fully grown up, we saw his path from the caves to space.
    but the viewers will never forget that he started out as an outcast in the caves.
    [​IMG]
    had to add the hint else it could have been A LOT of people

Rider4Z likes this.
  13. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

Woohoo!

14. Does Life is Strange Count as an indie game... Dontnod's indie right, but does square enix cancel them out?
    If it counts Life Is Strange, that's a game I fell head over heels in love with. I think I clocked 30+ hours of that game in steam (it's like a 13 hour game) watch multiple people play through it, bought it again for PS4 where I played it twice more, and then watched my sister play it on my PS4. Bought the game once more for PC when the Collectors edition came out in order to get the art book and the sound track. I think it was the focus on the character development that got me. It's the first game to ever make me cry... the ending hurt so much but I felt at least to how I played the game anyway that it fit really well. I love that game.
    Otherwise, I really liked Papers Please, Long Live The Queen, This Is The Police, Fire Watch. Out of that list Fire Watch was probably my favorite. Again I really liked the character development just through the conversation and how the player chose to respond back, while technically a linear game with the same ending it still told a compelling story that immersed you throughout the whole experience. Even if it is a game that a lot of people say only gives you the "illusion of choice" I really liked it.

mittoh! likes this.