Round 1 Videos [All Videos Available]

Discussion in 'AMV Roulette 2017' started by Radical_Yue, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Radical_Yue

Radical_Yue Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Round 1 required entrants to make a Romance videos using Country, Rap, or Punk Music, featuring at least 10 seconds of characters using swords.

To download, simple right click on the "Download Here" text and select "Save Link As..."

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Until The Day I Die
    Editor: Scara
    Anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
    Audio: Until The Day I Die - Story of the Year

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Making Memories
    Editor: alchemymini
    Anime: Snow White With The Red Hair
    Audio: Amazed - Lonestar

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Rose Fever
    Editor: MinetChan
    Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Various
    Audio: Crushcrushcrush - Paramore

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Confessions
    Editor: xtonina1981
    Anime: Akatsuki no Yona
    Audio: From This Moment On - Shania Twain

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: With You
    Editor: xSnowflakes
    Audio: With Me - Sum 41

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: NaruSasu - LoveLie
    Editor: Ploxerdon
    Anime: Naruto
    Audio: Love The Way You Lie ft Rihanna - Eminem

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: L'appel du Vide
    Editor: AngelDragoon
    Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena
    Audio: White Blank Page - Mumford and Sons

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Les C - WICGAW
    Editor: Mittoh!
    Anime: Black Rock Shooter
    Audio: Take My Hand - Simple Plan

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Dual Wielding Hearts
    Editor: danparthenis
    Anime: Noragami
    Audio: I Just Wanna Know - NF

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Foolish Illusion
    Editor: WendyChwan
    Anime: Kyoukai no Kanata
    Audio: Never Go Back - Lox Chatterbox

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: A Love Like War
    Editor: Ruru
    Anime: Akatsuki no Yona
    Audio: A Love Like War (Feat. Vic Fuentes) - All Time Low

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Crimson Soul
    Editor: WolfandSerpent
    Anime: DRAMAtical Murder
    Audio: Let Go - Hollywood Undead

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Home
    Editor: Insofistikerad
    Anime: Your Lie in April, Various
    Audio: Where'd You Go - Fort Minor

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: White Knight
    Editor: Kagacie
    Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Audio: Johnny Hardly Knew Ya - Dropkick Murphys

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Until We Meet Again
    Editor: The_McLaughlin
    Anime: Bleach
    Audio: Blood To Bleed - Rise Against

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Tsundere Love
    Editor: Liquified
    Anime: Toradora
    Audio: Want You Bad - The Offsprings

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Heart Failure
    Editor: Copycat_Revolver
    Anime: Monogatari (Various)
    Audio: Heartbeat - Childish Gambino

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Trouble!
    Editor: Strat
    Anime: Noragami
    Audio: Trouble ft. Jennifer Hudson - Iggy Azalea

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Meat
    Editor: Blaksun
    Anime: Haganai
    Audio: Jolene - Dolly Parton

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Deja Vu
    Editor: SilverStrike
    Anime: Rurouni Kenshin
    Audio: Next Boyfriend - Lauren Alaina

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Too Hot
    Editor: Nate
    Anime: El Hazard
    Audio: Too Hot - Coolio

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Nikki Addict
    Editor: shorisquared
    Anime: Mirai Nikki
    Audio: Nikki - Logic

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Unsatisfied
    Editor: UnluckyArtist
    Anime: Nisekoi
    Audio: Satisfied - Sia feat. Miguel & Queen Latifah

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Always Together
    Editor: ThyPirateKing
    Anime: Guilty Crown
    Audio: Umbrella - All Time Low

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Beautiful
    Editor: Pysh
    Audio: She Don't Know She's Beautiful - Sammy Kershaw

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Switch
    Editor: AniRose
    Anime: Various
    Audio: Akatsuki no Yona

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Under the bridge
    Editor: SpeedQueen GK
    Anime: Arakawa Under The Bridge
    Audio: Up All Night - Alex Clare

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Rape Me In Round One
    Editor: Sex Offender
    Anime: Arakawa Under The Bridge
    Audio: Rape Me - Nirvana

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Don't Leave My Side
    Editor: LunciA
    Anime: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions
    Audio: If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Obsessive Love
    Editor: Sonicfreak
    Anime: Space Dandy, Kyoukai No Kanata
    Audio: I Will Survive - Me First And The Gimme Gimmes

[​IMG]
    Download Here

Title: Dreaming
    Editor: SliceOfLife
    Anime: Kyoukai no Kanata
    Audio: Dreaming With Our Eyes Open - Wit Lowry

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    mittoh! likes this.
  2. Radical_Yue

Once the deadline has passed and I've posted all the videos (thread title will be updated to say [All Videos Available]) I'll set a new countdown for a date/time where I'll host a stream so everyone can watch all the videos together if they want to.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    AniRose likes this.
  3. Radical_Yue

OK, that's all of the videos that will be posted tonight. I have work tomorrow so whatever is sent to me from this point until I'm off work will not be posted until then. If you have an EMERGENCY message me on Discord since I will not be able to check messages on the forum while I work. Beyond that just make sure you include all the required info with your submissions and you'll be fine.

AniRose likes this.
  4. Insofistikerad

Insofistikerad New Member

@Liquified Good job on this! The way the swordscenes blended in to the video felt really natural and not forced! :D you managed to fit it into the theme really good!
    And + for the songchoice!

Liquified likes this.
  5. Insofistikerad

@Copycat_Revolver Wasnt a big fan of the song but you really managed to make a great rawedit video to it! Scenechoice on the vocals where spot on in alot of places! :) Personally i got a bit bored toward the end! It hink the vid would have ended alot more dynamic if it had been around 3 mins!
    Really good job! Good luck with the rankings :D

6. Radical_Yue

We'll have the video stream when this countdown hits 0. It'll be on the Official Roulette Channel. I'll host another one the next day for the Euros that will be asleep when we do the first stream. I'll update this post with info on the time.

7. Sonicfreak

Sonicfreak Secretly a normie

@AngelDragoon I really loved the scenes you picked out, and together with the clean pacing it was a pleasure to look at.

8. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

Finally, can post my favourites from this round (in order as you go down the list, not who is better or anything)
    Rose Fever - Never seen this anime, but I liked your song choice and edit
    L'appel du Vide - Same as above. Only thing, keep wondering why everyone is after this girl for themselves, not really explained for a non-watcher, but still, good job :v
    White Knight - Love this so much, just brought back all the memories from when I first saw Gurren Lagan. Great edit and really nicely paced for using such a long series
    Tsundere Love - Nice to see some unconventional romance used, only thing, need to make it longer D:
    Unsatisfied - Took a little while to understand what was going on, but once I did it was a great video. You managed to pull off a love triangle in a way that actually made me feel sad for the sister character (I have never seen Nisekoi, so making me feel something about a show I've never seen is really good)
    Obsessive Love - Such an unusual crossover, but it works XD wish was longer so could fit some more story in, but nice to see something so unique for the challenge

9. Strat

Strat New Member

It was an enjoyable round!!! And finally no one uses Sword art online :eek:

My favourites: Under the bridge, Obsessive Love and Dreaming

But this doesn't mean nothing, it's just a matter of tastes, everyone who sent the video deserves a pokeball (no, seriously).

10. Insofistikerad

My top 5 for the competition
    1. Trouble
    2. Under the bridge
    3. Tsundere Love
    4. Dual wielding hearts
    4. Obsession Love

11. xSnowflakes

xSnowflakes New Member

Well done to everyone who posted videos this round :D My favourites for this round (in no particular order) are:

Trouble (I loved how lighthearted this was), Making Memories (this was a really pure, sweet romance video that I enjoyed a lot XD), Obsession Love (this took me by surprise, I found it pretty funny xD) and White Knight (I love the idea of romance through hardship and experience, something I wish I could pull off well in my editing)

But everyone deserves a pat on the back :D

12. Liquified

Liquified New Member

My 5 top favorite no particular order:

The White Knight
    Crimson Soul
    Obsessive love
    Les C - WICGAW
    Dual Wielding Hearts

@Insofistikerad Thanks bro! :D

Everyone who did this round.. my compliments! good job!

13. I think my top 5 favorites in the order of watching this round were
    Dreaming
    Heart Failure
    L'appel du Vide
    Tsundere Love
    White Knight
    Though it was hard to pick my top five, there were a lot of pretty good videos this round.

14. Radical_Yue

15. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

So many fantastic entries, im really wishing i could have gone back and done mine again to match the quality on display here! Absolutely amazing.
    I dont really have a top list but the ones that personally resonated with me are "Rape me in round 1" (goddammit moo xD)
    Under the bridge (I cant express what it is that i like so much about this video)
    And
    White knight (kagacie strikes again)
    Everything else is fantastic, although listing everything beats the point of selecting stuff lmao

16. SpeedQueen GK

SpeedQueen GK New Member

ok, since I'm one of those who likes to give feedback Im gonna try to give all videos a comment. and since this is what I'm personally think I dont expect everyone to agree with me. here we go:

Until the day I die: Good scene selection (except for the few scenes where the characters talk) and good match with the lyrics of the song. I really got the story down even though I think there could have been less fighting scenes. You used a lot of camera movements as well which for the most looks awesome and sometimes looks less awesome. But it still adds more action so it works with the song :) some opacity animations could have been smoother. Like, trying to add some soft keys. Dont know what program you used to make this but in ae you can animate the curve of keys, with can make animations smoother. Im also missing some simple effects like noise, filmburn, flimmer, bad filmgate and so on. that would have added more impact to the song I think and to the action scenes :) But shortly: it's a good amv made in such short time. and I know it's hard to make something awesome with a "fast" song.

Making Memories: It's pretty clear that it's a love story in here, you get it right away thanks to the anime, the song and the colors. Sync and scene selection is good. The effects you have added also works pretty well with the song: camera movements, light flashes, hue/saturation and so on. The only thing I'm missing are some fluffy CC and maybe some blury edges here and there, but also some smoothness to scenes like the ones at 2.11. you have a lot of fast zooms there but it would have looked smoother if you added some blur in the beginning of the scenes and also some softkeys to the camera animation (the zooms happens to fast). Then it would look like a camera is trying to find it's focus. I also think you have the skills to add some mask transitions, which would make the amv EVEN MORE smoother. (I like smoothnesss). shortly: It's a fluffy romance amv that I would like to see even more fluffy.

Rose Fever: I have to give you some applause for editing such a old anime. dayum, I mean, 20 YEARS OLD?! holy shit. I would never be able to do it XD. Sync and effects looks good for the most parts but I think you could have added some better scenes, with more speed, to the second chorus of the song. Either that or add some effects that works with the song. but I also like how clean the amv looks so If you gonna add effects: don't add to much! I'm also missing some CC in this video. I think it would look alot cooler with less saturation. The colors are way to strong right now. But I also get that this might be hard to do good since the anime is so old. I can imagine that alot of banding would be visible as fast as you start to play around with cc.
    I also think the story and the "couple" in this amv is pretty clear. but for some reason I don't get that lovey dovey feeling when I'm watching this. there are some conflicts, kisses, and so on but hmm, something is issing but I cant really say what is it. shortly: Good amv mader of a really old anime! some cc is missing but the effects you have now still adds more to the amv and the sync of the song.

Confessions: The couple this amv is about is clear and the scene selections looks pretty good but could have been better, especially in the beginning of the amv. for example: at 0.18 I expected a scene change to the guys face, but the scene with yona continued and then you could see the guy looking down on yona. It would probably be alot more fluffy if you added a scene of him looking right into the camera, trying to fake that he looks right into yonas eyes. and THEN you could add, for example, the scene at 0,24. It would be alot more romance looking that way I think. So yeah, you have some good scenes in the amv but I would like to rearange them a little to make it more fluffy. And when it comes to the sync I think it's a little bit to slow. I would have wanted more scenes or more camera moveents/effects to make the scenes just a liiiittle bit faster. I'm also missing some smooth effects between the scenes. since the song is so slow and fluffy it would look better with some blur effects and lights/filmburns. even though I've given you alot of feedback I still think the amv gives you the lovey dovey feelings, and it's a good base for a even better amv!

With you: Couple, scene selection, story and sync is pretty good but I think the sync is a little bit to slow at 0.58 and forward. I was expecting more impact since the song really gets going at that point. but the effects you use and the sync is still pretty good for most of the amv. It adds to the romance feel of the amv. But I will probably say the same thing here as I've said earlier, you should add some blur or so i the beginning / end at some scenes to make the scene change more smooth. especially in the verse. during the chorus I think hard cuts actually works better since the song is pretty fast at that point. shortly: you have the lovey dovey feel and the fluffiness but you could add a little bit more of it. and you could make the amv a little bit more interesting at the chorus. other than that I think the color, and filmburns and so on looks good :)

NaruSasu LoveLie: This one will probably be the hardest one to give feedback on since I barely see it as a amv. You have the same sync through the whole video with makes it slow and less interesting. especially at the rap parts of the song. You also get that the amv is about Naruto x sasuke which gives you some points for the romance concept, but you could have added more fluffiness to it to make it more visible. The same thing goes for still pictures: If you deside that you wanna edit with stillframes and fanart you should focus on making some masks, maybe add puppet tool to animate the characters a little, some effects and so on. you can do soo much with pictures in a video, but I don't see much of it in this amv.(I think it would be called MAD, and not amv hmm). shortly: I'm not a big fan of this video but I think you still get some points for the idea and that you actually finished the amv since alot of people didn't during this round. but yes, If you wanna focus on using pictures, try to add some more animations that makes more sense to the video :)

L'appel du vide: sync, scene selection and story is pretty good and it's a really good raw edited amv! I think adding more effects and so on would ruin the impact a little bit, and since the anime you're using is like a 100 years old it actually works pretty well with raw cuts. Some zooms and camera animations and CC could have made it a little bit more awesome, but it's still a good base :). I also miss a little bit of the romance feel to this amv, but like I said earlier it still has impact which actually makes it pretty enjoyable to watch. you don't know what's gonna happen next because of the song (it changes alot). the only thing I really didn't like was the blinking scenes at 1.18. it made my eyes bleed cause it was going on for to long. shortly: good base, good raw edit, good sync but it misses some minor effects with could have made it better, and a BIG NO NO to the blinking scenes XD

Les C - WicGav: I like the idea of the pairing in this amv, but the sync, the story and the scene selection, especially at the chorus could have been better. The sync at the chorus is good but for me it's just random action scenes that doesn't tell me anything about the love between the characters. why did the fight start? why is she fighting? is she fighting for her love? who is the blonde chick? so yeah, this feels more like raw action amv than it does romance, for me at least. I just miss alot of the romance elements here, even though the amv itself isn't that bad. and you also have alot of moving mouths/ scens with characters talking which for me could ave been replaced with other scenes. shortly: Good amv but could work better for a action category than romance. add more fluff and less fighting scenes! :)

Dual wielding Hearts: I like that you made your own story with this anime (yaay, I'm not the only one who likes to make own stories). so the sync, the story, the confilcts and love and so on is visible. The only thing I think could have been improved was the end of the video. it ends pretty fast for me. so the scene selection was good but could have been improved towards the end of the amv. and same thing here as I've said to the others, you should add some more fluffiness, I think you use blir and that kind of fluffiness alot which is nice, but maybe you could add some more cc to the amv. shortly: good amv but it felt a little bit to short, and you can improve the cc bu other than that the effects looks nice.

Foolish Illusion: I think the effects, the couple the amv is about and sync in this video is good together with this song, but the scene selection and the romance feel could have been alot better, especially at the beginning. starting your amv with a fight didn't tell me anything about the love between the characters. but at the end I started to like the scene selections. So i think you could have skipped the fighting in the beginning. Even though I guess you were trying to make the whole amv as some kind of flashback? since the amv started and ended with the same fight.
    but still, starting a romance amv with fighting was not something I liked that much.
    the effects was interesting but at some scenes banding was visible which was a little bit annoying. especially at 0.38, the quality in those scenes looks really bad compared to the rest of the amv. you should fix that! and take away the red color. shortly: interesting idea with the flashback thingy but it ruined the romance feel alot for me, I should just have ended the amv with that instead. the effects are cool and the song looks hard to edit so I give you applause for that. But you should really fix the scene at 0.38.

A love like war: The sync and the raw cut was pretty good, and I really like the song selection :) but the scene selection could have been better since the scenes right now makes the amv feel more like a character profile and the story of Yona instead of the story between a girl and a guy being in love. There is alooot of different guys in this amv as well so it's a little bit confusing about who she actually loves. I also think the amv could need some more fluffy effects to make it more romance. like blur, filmburn. and Im not gonna say much about the CC, sure, you could have worked a little bit more with it but this anime already has some pretty nice colors in it. So I think it works without it. shortly: Good amv but maybe not as a romance amv.

*to be continued*

WendyChwan likes this.
  17. SpeedQueen GK

SpeedQueen GK New Member

Crimson Soul: You get the characters/couples right away and the sync is pretty good together with the song. I still think some of the scenecuts and zooms is a little bit to fast/hard so you should probably make it just a little bit slower and smoother. ADD BLUR, Blur is your savior. The effects are also pretty nice together with the song except the ones at 1.52, camera shake and big pixels are not sexy. The scene selection is good but I would like to see more camera movements so it works better with the song, even though the scenes itself are synced with the song :) shortly: Scene selection is good, you get the story and the romance between the characters is visible. I like some of the effects except the big pixels (KILL THEM NOOOW)! = good basic amv that could be improved.

Home: Since I was giving Insofistikerad feedback during R1 I have already told him most of it. AND DAMN YOU FOR GETTING THIS SONG STUCK ON MY HEAD. I HATE IIIT. aaaah. oh well, back to feedback: I think the romance between the characters is visible, you have experimented alot wth different effects which I think looks pretty good, especially the paper looking effect in the beginning that then burns up. the only thing I think you should have kept now when I watch it again is some colors. like: it's a drawing / sketch, but maybe add some watercolors? other than that I like the effects and overlays you use. and the story and sync is clear (that phone scene at 0.32 is insanely synced). I would like for you to maaaybe add a little bit of more camera movements and blur transitions, but other than that it looks fine. There is one scenes that's literally fucks you in the ass though: the scene at: 1.14 with the kurozuka guy. I understand that it's meant to be a transition to the gaming sequence but yeah, it felt a little bit wierd. other than that I think you had some smart ideas with adding swords to a anime that seriously have no sword scene.
    and I know you made this amv in the same time as I did, so for a 3 days edit it is pretty good! shortly: some improvements to the effects would be nice, and fix that kurozuka scene XD

White knight: This is like my childhoods nightmares when my dad at 6 in the morning could start this song on the highest volume..just to wake me and my sister up... but ok feedback: this has to be the punkiest son this round, and even though it's mostly raw edited it works pretty well with the song. some scenes happens a little bit to fast for me to like it but the sync is still there, no doubt. the love between the characters is clear. the only thing I think you could improve is the scene selection. there is alot of unessecary scenes that you dont really need for the story. like the redhaired girl. why is she even in the amv? just minor things I think you could change to make it more fluffy. there is also on scene at the end that I think goes on for way to long: at 2.30. especially if I compare it with the sync earlier in the song. and when it comes to effects I think you could have added just a liiitle bit of noise transitions, bad filmgate and so on, just to make it look more punk, instead of just sounding like punk. shortly: Good punk romance amv with good rawcut skills but you could remove some of the scenes you have to show more of the loooveee and also add some punky effects.

Until We Meet Again: the sync is there and the romance between ichigo and....uuh whats her name? rukia? *cant remember* , is visible. The song is very punky and the raw cut looks good. You should improve the sync a little bit more though since I think the scenes you have right now goes on for a little bit to long. but the sync is still there as it is right now as well. I also think the scene selection could have been based more on ichigo and rukia instead if fights. But at the same time I understand you wanted to add fights because of the song you used. some CC and transitions is probably what I'm missing, and maybe some punky effects like noise, grain, bad filmgate and so on. and I have to give you some credits for he lipsync at most places in the video. I know it's hard to make it look good but for example, the lip sync at 0.36 is SPOT ON. soo good job on that dude! :D shortly: good raw cut, but focus a little bit more on ichigo and rukia instead of fights, and the lip sync was gud.

Tsundere love: Even the title said this would be a very punky video. the effects, sync, camera movements are especially good at the beginning of the video, at the verse it slows down a little bit to much to fit the song (according to me), but the sync is still there. and the effects also dissapears a bit, it becomes more rawcut. I just think you should add more of those smexy camera movements you had going in the beginning of the amv to the rest of the amv as well. But I can understand if you had the same problem as me: time. fast songs = you need more scenes and more effects to sync everything. the romance is there though, a very caotic romance (just like my amv yaaay). and when it comes to effects I liked it, especially at the beginning, but at 1.21 I dont really like the flimmering scenes, it would look cooler if you added something like a filmstripe with scenes, and then it would just move in the y axis with some motion blur(just an example). But you have the story down and the sync, there is just some effects I'm missing, nd maybe some cc. other than that: good job making a amv with this song

*to be continued*

18. IdiAlex

IdiAlex The Song God

The guy above is crazy. I'm scared :eek::rolleyes:

19. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

Some pretty good videos. Good job people!
    GK wtf this wall of text haha

20. LunciA

LunciA New Member

Thank you for your opinion! I'll try to work on these points! Also I used Sony Vegas. Kinda cool of you, how you explained everything :p