SakuraCon 2017 - Open for Entries

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Vlad, Jan 24, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 02-17-17
  1. Vlad

Vlad Member AMV Contest Coordinator

CONTEST WITH WINNERS:

TRAILERS & INTROS
    T1 - 'Sailor Mars' by MinetChan - Wonder Woman Trailer Audio - Sailor Moon Crystal
    T2 - 'Paranoia Things' by King Redeem - Stranger Things Trailer Audio - Paranoia Agent
    T3 - 'Inspector Conan' by Nekokitkat - Inspector Gadget Theme song - Detective Conan (Case Closed)
    T4 - 'Blades of Yuri' by BecauseImBored1 - Blades of Glory Trailer Audio - Yuri on Ice (BEST TRAILER)
    T5 - 'If I Stay In April' by Frightfairy - If I Stay Trailer Trailer Audio - Your Lie in April

DRAMA
    D1 - 'Ambition' by Celia Phantomhive - Life Itself Glass Animals - Yuri on Ice
    D2 - 'Fiat Lux' by PieandBeer - Sleeping At Last by Sun - Tokyo Godfathers (BEST DRAMA)
    D3 - 'Devoid' by MycathatesyouAMV - Wake Up NF - Death Parade
    D4 - 'Ashen Chords' by Xophilarus - 27 Hours BANKS - Hibike! Euphonium
    D5 - 'Kaikiphony' by Iren S.S. - Symphony No. 9 "From The New World" AntonÃn Dvořák - Various
    D6 - 'VIP' by MadMegatax - Ke$ha by VIP - Various (BEST CONCEPT)

FUN
    F1 - 'DeCake' by AntaresHeart07 - Cake by the ocean DNCE - Various
    F2 - '#TalkSkatingToMe' by Gina Nelson - Jason Derulo by Talk Dirty to Me - Yuri on Ice (BEST FUN)
    F3 - 'The Gift of Seduction' by Warlike Cygnet - I’ll Get You What you Want Bret McKenzie - Ouran High School Host Club
    F4 - 'Fowl Play' by BecauseImBored1 - Wanna Be Like You Fall Out Boy - Princess Tutu
    F5 - 'Money$hot' by MycathatesyouAMV - Bruno Mars by 24K Magic - Noragami, Various (JUDGES' CHOICE)

SENTIMENTS
    S1 - 'Timeless' by hamstar138 - Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc by Wake Me Up - Various (BEST SENTIMENTS, BEST IN SHOW)
    S2 - 'My Songs & Stories' by Drabaz - 7 Years Lukas Graham - Dragon Ball
    S3 - 'Paradise Lost' by EnQuatre - Say Something Max Schneider, Victoria Justice - Shinsekai Yori
    S4 - 'Hearts On Ice' by MinetChan - These Silent Hearts BT - Yuri!!! On ICE & Endless Night
    S5 - 'A Better Place' by Maboroshi Studio, MomtoCutie Pia & That's So Pia - Better Place Rachel Platten - Ponyo
    S6 - 'Weeaboo Peekaboo' by Shin - Clock Strikes One OK ROCK - Various

RHYTHM
    R1 - 'C.T.F.O' by KeiichiFace - Aloha Møme - Various
    R2 - 'Burnt Animu' by Azukano - Burnt Rice Shawn Wasabi - Various
    R3 - 'CDVV Presents The Weeb Jam Megamix' by CornDog VidVids (Ileia, FallChild42, ZephyrStar, Meleechampion, Kitsuner, Radical Yue, nepnep, haunter103) - ESPN by ESPN Presents The Jock Jam Megamix - Various (BEST RHYTHM)
    R4 - 'Brake The Rolls' by MycathatesyouAMV - Break The Rules Charli XCX - No Game No Life & The World God Only Knows

ACTION
    A1 - 'Fight Back' by Sean Paul Gardner - Demons Icon for Hire - Soul Eater
    A2 - 'Cherry Bomb' by Shin - Running with the Wild Things Against the Current - Kill la Kill
    A3 - 'Numinous' by MrNosec - Modestep & Koven, Audiomachine by Take It All, Guardians at the Gate (Access Denied Remix) - Various (BEST TECHNICAL)
    A4 - 'Data Overload' by Trenzilla - Delta C2C - Summer Wars
    A5 - 'Edible Annihilation' by Kisanzi - Tom Player by Desolation - Ben-To (BEST ACTION)
    A6 - 'Gloria Fortis Miles' by Rider4Z - Resist and Bite Sabaton - Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

COMEDY
    C1 - 'Dangodere' by hamstar138 - Senpai Notice Me Random Encounters - Clannad & Clannad ~After Story~
    C2 - 'What's This?' by Tasha Livingstone - What's This? Danny Elfman - Various (mainly, Welcome to the N.H.K)
    C3 - 'Compliments' by Cirera - Compliments Kollektivet - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    C4 - 'Mr. Suave' by Mary Grace Croasdaile - Meghan Trainor by Me Too - Sakamoto Desu Ga (BEST COMEDY)
    C5 - 'One Horn Man' by King Redeem - Unicorn Wizard Ninja Sex Party - Various

Thanks to everyone, it was a great show

Vlad

We are proud to once again bring you Sakura-Con's AMV Contest.

Submissions are now open and you can sign up HERE

Sakura-Con’s AMV contest is an event for fans to showcase their creative talents in the form of music videos. The Contest is open to anyone, be they amateur or professional. Attendance is not required, but is strongly encouraged.

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17, 2017

QUICK RULES SUMMARY:
    • Submission duration limits: The duration limits for each submission are as follows:

• AMV Entries: 75sec minimum, 6min maximum.
      Trailers: 1mine minimum, 3min 30sec maximum.
      Commercials: No minimum, 1min maximum.
      Intros: 30sec minimum, 1min 30sec maximum.
    • No more than three entries per person/group. Each must be for a different category.
    • No subtitles, watermarks, logos, credits, references to other contests or text that is unnecessary to the concept.
    • Must not have premiered before August 1st, 2016.
    • The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled or manga-styled content.
    • Audio for all AMV entries (except Trailer/Commercial/Intro) must be majority music. No excessive dialogue.
    • Must be age 13+ appropriate.
    • AMV-Hell style entries will not be accepted.
    • Must satisfy our technical requirements.

Please ensure to read the full set of rules prior to submitting. Rules can be found HERE

Go to the following link to register to participate HERE

We look Forward to getting more awesome entries this year!

Vlad, Jason & Troy
    SC 2017 AMV Contest Coordinators

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    mittoh! likes this.
  2. Vlad

3 weeks left till the Deadline! Send us your entries

Vlad

3. Ileia

Ileia WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE Staff Member Calendar Senpai

I'll have something for you sooooon. Maybe several somethings! :eek:

4. Speedy180

Speedy180 New Member

Already submitted my Goodies. XD

5. Vlad

Just under 2 weeks left!

Vlad

6. Vlad

One Week Left... Looking forward for more entries!

Vlad

7. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

Almost done

8. Ileia

I requested an account and haven't had the password emailed yet. >_>

9. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

Hotmail?

10. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Just realised my submission has a few seconds of audio missing, gotta re-render. D:

11. irriadin

irriadin Administrator Staff Member

I am praying to all the old gods and the new for a deadline extension

12. PieandBeer

PieandBeer the most important meal of the day

or you could just pretend that it was an conscious artistic choice, audio black space if you will

13. Ileia

Gmail

14. shorisquared

shorisquared Best Waifu

It means "Gangsta Mail"

15. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

There was an issue with Hotmail not liking Vlad's system. Dunno 'bout gmail...

16. Shin

Shin Senpai Staff Member Calendar Senpai

I signed up with gmail and got the contest registration info without issue. But I think I'm just lucky. I can be that guy and question if you've checked your spam folder tho.

17. Vlad

Alright, so here is the deal...

I usually keep the site open a bit over the deadline to ensure everything gets processed. SO, I will keep the Entries open till Saturday, Feb 18, 11:59 PM (MST) If something happens to come in up to then I'll accept it into the contest.. Is this an tiny extension? sort of..

But I would greatly appreciate for those who are planning to submit, please submit it as soon as you are able to as this will greatly help us to try and keep up.

ALSO, please be patient with us in getting back to everyone with any issues, we are working on trying to keep up with the last minute floods but we all do still have paying jobs to go to so limited time... If there is any issues with your entry, we will try to give some time for any fixes (if they are possible), but the closer we get to the deadline, the less time we can offer after it.

I do want to thank everyone who has so far entered, the AMV contest at SakuraCon is a very popular event and with everyone's help we want it to continue to be..

Lastly, since it's SakuraCon's 20th Anniversary, we have some stuff we will be doing in the AMV room for it which includes something to do with past AMV Contests! More on that in a bit.. So if you were planning to attend, this is the year to come [​IMG]

Thanks,

Vlad G Pohnert
    Sakuracon 2017 AMV Coordiantor

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  18. Vlad

Gmail should not be a issue (span filter maybe?)... Again, if anyone has not gotten a response, let me know and I'll send it to you right away... We are going to overhaul the entire system for next year to get rid of this issue hopefully (crosses fingers and toes

Vlad

19. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

With full intention of playing the devil's advocate, being a contest coordinator myself, if you have finished entries to submit SEND THEM NOW doggonit. Commit to your entry now and don't wait til the last minute like a prick. It only adds stress to the coordinators.

20. Vlad

24 hours left to go!