Shounen discussion

Discussion in 'Anime/Manga Discussion' started by TheAceRailgun, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

Figured I'd pop up a thread for those people interested in Shounen Anime, better than spamming lots of topics for the anime of the genre :p

Been watching Gintama lately, so far it's really good, can't wait for the Next episode. Idk, what else I'm watching shounen wise, I'd have to look at all the genres on MAL or Croll, Kiznaever might fit under shounen tho.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  2. Farm

Farm Member

Gintama = God.
    The end.
    Too bad it's ending this year u_u

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  3. TheAceRailgun

You mean ending again inb4 it comes back to life again

4. Farm

Farm Member

Well, the manga it's in the "Final Battle arc", with the Earth very close to being destroyed, starring the strongest amanto species of all time and every character of the series having their own highlights. And the main villian is the final boss. And Jump announced Gintama's ending back then, in 2016, saying this will be the final arc. And you know, when Jump says that Hunter X Hunter returns, it's because Hunter X Hunter returns...

So, seems pretty much as an ending to me :|

5. TheAceRailgun

This is sad, I'm glad it's actually ending when the manga does though.

6. Farm

Farm Member

I'm concerned about that, because, they are very very close to the manga and they animate, like 4 manga chapters into 1 anime episode xD
    If they catch up, at this point it's kinda impossible to do filler

7. TheAceRailgun

This is true, unless they do character history stuff if they haven't already done that :p

8. Farm

Farm Member

Yeah, the S****'s Assassination Arc was increeedibly looong in the manga, but in the anime felt so much faster xD 7 episodes only

9. TheAceRailgun

Ikr? I think Bleach did something similar, where they had a couple chapters in each episode. Here's to hoping Gintama can end when the manga ends and not have too much filler.

Or have an alternate freaking ending, i.e. Ao no Exorcist