The General Pokemon Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAceRailgun, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheAceRailgun

TheAceRailgun Conlangery person

Since there's a Pokething on the forums and we don't have a thread for general Pokemon stuffs yet, I figured this was necessary. Pokemon has been around for about 20 or so years now, and has a Card game, shows, and vidya games. It's been a part of a lot of people's childhoods. I however only recently got into it, started with Pokemon Yellow when it came out the 3DS Eshop then got Pokemon Moon when that came out, then got into the shows and card game in between Yellow and Moon.

What games do you guys have, or have played? What are you favorite Pokemon? (Mine's Type: Null/Silvally,) and what's your favorite thing in the show? And last but not least, What are your best cards?

[​IMG]

Celia Phantomhive likes this.
  2. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

I played the crap out of the pokemon card game when I was little XD

TheAceRailgun likes this.
  3. Celia Phantomhive

Celia Phantomhive The Yaoi Wizard Staff Member Queen of Yaoi

I have an unhealthy obsession with Beedrill

and I lost all my cards in a house fire RIP Never felt the need to recreate my collection since i prefer digital anyways

4. TheAceRailgun

D: The deaths of so many pieces of cardboard

5. Celia Phantomhive

I know right I can almost hear their tiny little pokemon screams ;_;

6. Cmoididi

Cmoididi WeedLord

I need more pokeball, I NEED MOORRREE OF ITTTT

7. TheAceRailgun

-chucks Pokeballs at Cmoididi-
    [​IMG]

8. Cmoididi

Cmoididi WeedLord

I don't even know why i'm catching all these pokemoon haha

9. Vik

Vik New Member

Good topic! I have played Pokemon since I was little and I'm still a huge fan of the games and the anime :3 The anime is not my favourite thing about Pokemon though, I watch it just for the good memories and because my love for the games is too much, and now even more with Sun and Moon, it took me back to my childhood as I never expected it to do, the storyline was pretty good for a Pokémon game and the innovations were really well introduced. I play competitive too, if I have free time.

And about my favourite Pokemon, I would go to... Glaceon! I love Eevee so much.

PD: My cards are lost in the deeps I guess, I lost my collection a while ago, and my drawings too.

10. TheAceRailgun

Eevee is freaking adorable

11. Farm

Farm Member

I felt like a true pokemon master for 5 seconds when I got the 301 pokemanz in Alola <3

12. UnluckyArtist

UnluckyArtist Member

So we actually get to talk about pokermans okay, I've been a fan since it came to America and I saw the anime dub in the morning before school, later on I got Red version with a blue gameboy pocket and I couldn't put it down. Batteries were a big problem. Couldn't get into the cards much but the holographic ones were my fav, I'd try to collect them but I couldn't play it... the first website I ever visited outside of school was pokemon.com I was kinda obsessed.

Well when Ruby and Sapphire came out I thought I was too big for it and tried to distance myself from it, throwing away all my toys and such but got back into it years later when Silver version got a remake, S/G/C were my favorite games! I got acquainted with the new monsters in Black & White 2. Most of my favorite pokermans come from the first 2 gens, off the top of my head I love Raichu, Politoed, Gengar, Slowpoke family, Crobat, the Mareep family, Sudowoodo and Bonsly, Pidgeot, Dragonite.. LANTURN even comes to mind cause it's a huge contradicting type, I like the contradicting types, I also like owls and so Rowlet was an instant fav too even though I haven't played S&M yet and hiS LAST EVO IS PART GHOST don't get me started, I love that.

tldr never mind I hate pokermans, never understood it :rolleyes:

13. Farm

Farm Member

Please do it! It's a beatiful / fresh / different pokemon game!

14. I have most of the video games
    Red, Blue, Yellow
    Gold, Silver Platinum (though none of them hold saved games anymore)
    Black, White
    Black 2, White 2
    X, Y
    Pokemon Yellow 3ds
    Omega Ruby

My brother has the ones that I'm missing so it kind of fills in the gaps

When I was a kid I played the card games but my parents wouldn't buy me the cards so I never really had that many barley enough to play. It was kind of like Yu Gi Oh cards. The few I had were when I had a few bucks from raking leaves or when they decided that we got allowances (though they were never really all that consistent you'd get an allowance for a few months like 10 or 20 dollars a month, and then nothing for a few more months) so most of my pokemon cards came from the little $5 here's 10 card packs, and I always seemed to get a lot of repeats. Though one time I got an Articuno, and stupid 9 year old me traded it for a Muk. I don't know why... I wasn't a very smart kid.

I watched the anime a little bit as a kid, but I never seemed to be able to catch it when it was on. I also was way into Digimon at the time, so Digimon kind of over shadowed the show a bit for me. I liked Pokemon just not as much as I liked Digimon. I think I've seen most of the 1st season of Pokemon, and then bits of the seasons after that. I haven't seen much of any of the newer season though. A little bit of the Pokemon Black/White season, an episode here or there of X and Y and that's about it.

15. Farm

Farm Member

What happened to me with the anime was I watched all of it since it's very begginings and never dropped.
    So, after a few dissapointments with XY&Z I just...dropped it xD

mittoh! and The_McLaughlin like this.
  16. Farm now has PTSD from pokemon... His reaction video proves it.

Farm likes this.
  17. Celia Phantomhive

Me with Silver.
    I still remember one day when I was up late playing it in bed, I felt a tingle on my hand, looked around it and saw a HUGE FUCKING SPIDER. I freaked out, ran away, and started crying. I don't think it took me long to go back in and play Pokemon though, silently sobbing and jumpy as hell at any small movement. LOL good times.

I also remember when I got a really cool holographic from a booster pack, and my mom forced me to trade it with my dad because he was super into collecting. I was so pissed >: (

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  18. I never had anything like that with a spider, granted I went swimming once and apparently one got in my shirt so when I took it off I had one on my back and my mom was freaking out while she took it off of me while I had no reaction pretty much... so I don't know that that would have traumatized me so. I did however have a flashlight in my room and would spend many nights laying in bed holding a flashlight with shoulder/chin playing pokemon and jumping at all the small sounds as I tried to not get caught by my parents when I was supposed to be sleeping and not playing pokemon.

19. Farm

Farm Member

You gotta catch'em when you see them, bug types are good (?)

I think my best Pokemon experience so far, was with Gold/Silver. 2 regions, 16 gyms and battling all the leaders from R/B/G including "yourself"...yeah..it was amazing

20. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Wait was that a flashback to the theoretical pokemon war in kanto at the end?! Do we now have proof of its existence!?