V.E.S. MV Contest for Matsuricon 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ahint02, Apr 2, 2018.

1. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Hello everyone. We are now accepting entries to the V.E.S. MV contest for Matsuricon 2018. And we will be accepting all video source material types (not just anime). And we even have an 18+ contest. For more information on rules, who we are, and see what last year's contest, please visit our website at: http://matsuricon.org/events/video-events

And below is our registration form:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18HsPJQIhK0aWBIZnYU7L8W0khhRMLs58_Tyuh-RAQfU

Of course any questions on the contest itself, please feel free to post them in this forum. Registration will end at the end of the day July 15th, 2018. Look forward to seeing everyone's videos.

2. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Wanted to simply bump this up to let everyone know we are a little over a month and a half away from closing out registration. And we are in a great need for all categories and 18+ videos. So please give us a consideration if you are looking for a contest to register.

3. espressoyourself

espressoyourself New Member

Are you the right person to ask questions to? Sorry if it's a bother!!

4. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Yes I am. What would you like to ask?

5. espressoyourself

Well, I have an action amv with a song that has curses in its official lyrics, but when listening to the song it's hard to tell in places that he's singing the f-bomb. If I do submit, should I still go for the 18+ category?

6. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Well it likely will not be accepted in the 18+ just for f-bombs. We usually have that for hentai, hard ecchi, and so forth. But otherwise, it could still be in the action category as long as the f word is removed. And usually this can be done pretty easily via editing of the video itself.

Hope that helps.

7. espressoyourself

Thank you!! It does help!

8. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Hey everyone. This is just as a friendly reminder, the End of Day July 15th (which as of this post is this coming Sunday) is the deadline for registration. We are still accepting entries in all categories. However, we could use some Action, Comedy, Trailer, and 18+ videos to the contest. So anyone with any of these videos (and of which follows the rules) please feel free to send them our way.

9. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Deadline has come and passed. Thank you to everyone that has registered for the VES MV Contest for Matsuricon. The contest and exhibition set list will be revealed before Aug 5th and will be posted on this forum. Thank you for your patience while the contest is organized from here.

10. ahint02

ahint02 New Member

Thank you again to all of the editors that submitted to this contest. Matsuricon will be held on August 24th - 26th of 2018. Here is the set list for the contest proper:

Trailer:

• Cowboy:Bebop Fallout by Rider4Z for Otaku Lounge Productions – Cowboy Bebop – Mission:Impossible Fallout Trailer
      Samurai Jack: Fury Road by shorisquared – Samurai Jack – Mad Max: Fury Road

Action:

• False Pretense by Alderwick for Crows AMV Team – Akatsuki no Yona – False Pretense by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
      A Real Hero by Bimyou for Tsunderbird Studios – My Hero Academia, Your Name – Last of the Real Ones by Fall Out Boy
      Bullets Rain by Rider4Z for Otaku Lounge Productions – Lupin III: Jingen’s Gravestone – Believer by Imagine Dragons
      Combat Harness by EnQuatre – Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky – Can You Hold Me by NF ft Britt Nicole

Drama:

• Sail Away by Studio Le Croc – Moana – Come Sail Away by j2
      Everlasting Dream by Lucariochu for Illuminated Studios – Pokemon, Shuffle – AM by Silencyde
      Reprieval by Ryuu-Dono – Various – The Act of Forgiveness by Neurotech
      Precious by Alderwick for Crows AMV Team – Ef` A Teal of Melodies – Precious by Depeche Mode
      Through the Stained Glass by MadMegatax – Kingdom Hearts – Through Glass by Stone Sour
      Covert Haven by PaNTSU oF d00m – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – You Let Me Walk Alone by Michael Schulte

Upbeat/Dance:

• A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty AMV’s Doesn’t Exist by James Blond – Shimoneta – Feel It Still by Portugal, The Man
      Bananya Cat Cuteness Overload by Studio le Croc – Bananya Cat – Banana Cat by Parry Gripp
      S is for Sadistic by Kyci – Blend S, New Game! – What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
      Down the Road by DopplerDo – Cowboy Bebop – Down the Read by C2C

Romance:

• Dango Dango Literature Club by MarikoAMV – Various – Doki Doki Forever by OR3O ft. rachie, Chi-Chi, Kathy-chan★
      Distance by xGeminii for Illuminated Studios - Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta – Without You by Oh Wonder
      Magic of Eternity by MadMegatax – Izetta: The Last Witch – Don’t You Give Up on Me by Lissie
      Mission Yuugi by Kira & cloud\berry – Yuugiou, Yuugiou Duel Monters, Fan Art – Last in Line by Nylon Beat, Yuugiou Duel Monsters
      MYN by UnluckyArtist – Nekomonogatari, Bakemonogatari, Kizumonogatari – Mine by Bazzi

Comedy:

• A Dragon Like Me by TheDestineeAMV – Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid – Friend Like Me by Robin Williams
      Just Dandy by Pupuzone – Rosario + Vampire Capu 2, Space Dandy Season 1 & 2 – Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega
      Literary Love by PaNTSU oF d00m – Daily Lives of High School Boys – Can You Feel the Love Tonight by Nathan Lane, Joseph Williams, Ernie Sabella, Sally Dworsky, Kristie Edwards

18+

• New Level! By Kyci – Various – New Game! By Nitro Fun
      The Void | YAOI MEP by LostSenseStudio – Various – The Void by The Neighbourhood

We will be hosting two exhibition showings, one for Friday and the other for Sunday. And yes they are in alphabetical order as that is the easiest way to put them in order (please don't judge me).

Friday:

• A Stalker’s Resolve by Cirera – Various (Monogatari seasons) – 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
      Aether by ShadowEaze – Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) – Flower in Winter by Aether
      Always Beautiful by TheDestineeAMV – Violet Evergarden – Beautiful Creatures by Illenium ft MAX
      Battlefield by Elv – Various – Haruka Kanata by Unlimits
      The Beauty of Little Witch Academia by Casual-Swimmer – Little Witch Academia – Shelter Remix by Porter Robinson & Madeon created by Yuang Chen
      Better When I’m Dancing by Pasta Sauce Productions – Various – Better When I’m Dancing by Meghan Trainor
      Black Ice Impact by Lita302 – Black Rock Shooter (TV) – Black Ice Impact by Inertia
      Bonny World by UnluckyArtist – Various – Wow by Beck
      Yu-Gi-Oh DSOD: Born Ready by WinxEpic Bloom – Yu-Gi-Oh DSOD – Born Ready by Zayde Wolf
      Born Ready by faileas – D.Gray-Man – Born Ready by Zayde Wolf
      Bullet Train Reina x Kumiko by Hikari Mutou – Hibike! Euphonium – Bullet Train by Stephen (Nightcore Version)
      Can You Hold Me by DoctorAn1me AMV, Mkaliez, DivineAMV – Various – Can You Hold Me by NF ft Britt Nicole
      Carry Me Through (LoveisLove) by VampireDeva1990 – Hitorijime My Hero, Your Name, Aoi Hana – Crawl (Carry Me Through) by Superchick
      Champion by NepNep – My Hero Academia – Champion (Remix) by Fall Out Boy ft RM from BTS
      Chunchunmaru Hype by Ramen Noodle Productions – Kono Subarashii Sekai no Shukufuku wo! (KonoSuba) – Wanna Get Hype by District 78
      [ESS] Control MEP by ExplodingStarsStudio – Various – Control by Halsey
      Crossfire by Tomoya AMV – Various – Crossfire by Stephen
      Crystal by Lita302 – Houseki no Kuni – Crystal by New Order
      Descent by DopplerDo – Tokyo Ghoul – Everything Black by Unlike Pluto ft Mile Taylor
      Destiny by AngelMaeVictory – The Princess and the Pilot – Rewrite the Stars by Zac Efron & Zendaya
      Destiny by DAPSEpako – Various – Time Back by Bad Style
      Diamond Sky by Patrick Castro – Your Name – A Day in the Life by The Beatles
      Don’t Doubt It by Pasta Sauce Productions – Yu Yu Hakusho – Rise by State of Mine
      Doomed Parade by SerAvium – Death Parade – Doomed by Bring Me the Horizon
      Eyes Half Closed by AMV Kaizo – March Comes Like A Lion – Eyes Half Closed by Crywolf
      Full Circle by Tomoya AMV – Kotonoha no Niwa – Full Circle by Half Moon Run
      Giants by Nuke – Attack on Titan Seasons 1 & 2 – Giants by Take That
      Glorious by AngelMaeVictory – Princess Mononoke – This is Me by Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble
      Gurren Lagann by Evan Foun – Gurren Lagann – One for the Dreams by TotalFat
      He Mele no Dance by Zaratha Zarati – Various – He Mele no Lilo by Mark Keali’I Ho’omalu
      Holding on & Letting Go by VampireDeva1990 – Clanned – Holding On and Letting Go by Ross Copperman
      I Want You to Know by Casual-Swimmer – Little Witch Academia – I Want You to Know by Zedd ft Selena Gomez
      Into My Heart by SkyUchihax for Illuminated Studios – No Game No Life: Zero – Louder Than Thunder by The Devil Wears Prada
      Ishafan by Brad DeMoss – Grave of the Fireflies – Ishafan by E.S. Posthumus
      It Ain’t Erased by Dariru – Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) – It Ain’t Erased by KYGO & Selena Gomez
      It’s Gonna Be Okay by thefanvideoer2 – Hinata no Aoshigure – It’s Gonna By Okay by The Piano Guys
      Judai – Be My Escape by Mixt – Yu-Gi-Oh! GX – Be My Escape by Relient K

Sunday:

• Kallen Kozuki – BCW by MiraKayla – Code Geass – BCW by Ramzoid
      Kakkai Sensen – Lonely by Cneq – Kekkai Sensen and Kekkai Sensen & Beyond – Lonely by Yoe Mase
      Let Go by Kira – Ling Qi 2 – Let Go by Joseph William Morgan ft Shadow Royale
      Let’s Fly, Darling by Lecassiem – Darling in the Franxx – Fix You by Coldplay
      Magic Shop by re:mirai – Various – Magic Shop by BTS
      Maple Leaves AMV by Bry__ - Various – Maple Leaves by Jens Lekman
      Motion Pictures by Zane Kordich – Sakura Trick – Motion Pictures by Neil Young
      My Wonderland by Merezone – No. 6 – Welcome to my Life by Sunrise Avenue
      Ocean Man no Jutsu by darkangel199508 – Naruto Shippuden – Ocean Man by Ween
      Part of You by Allie – Various – Ref:rain by Aimer
      Pieces of You by Mysunsai – Erased – The Hanging Tree by Adrisaurus
      Psycho by Arctic Tribe – Humanity Has Declined – Psycho by 12 Stones (Nightcore edition)
      Puella Puff Girls by Cirera – Puella Magi Madoka Magica – Powerpuff Girls Theme Song
      Régiment de cuisine by StudiovideoHome – Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars) – Onion by One OK Rock
      Rise Up by Epitome – Code Geass – Rise Up by Imagine Dragons
      Rocks Off by Zane Kordich – Love Live! School Idol Project – Rocks Off by The Rolling Stones
      Sasurai by Zaratha Zarati – The Witcher 3 – Kanashimi no Shi by Hideyuki Fukasawa
      Smother: Eruri AMV by RawLust – Attack on Titan – Smother by Daughter
      Teasing in Tandem by shorisquared – Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san – Good Little Girl by adrisaurus
      Technicolor Dreamer by Kireblue – Little Witch Academia – Black & White by Todrick Hall ft Superfruit
      That One Thing by Estasia for Mero-tachi Studios – Love Stage!!, season 1 + OVA – One Thing by One Direction
      The Lion Emperor (Lion King/Jungle Emperor Leo) by Sakura Kaiba – Various – Circle of Life from The Lion King Soundtrack
      The Other Side of the TV by Sephiorthskr – Persona 4: The Animation – Superstition by The Birthday Massacre
      The Road to Pompeii by Toon Addict Productions – Girls’ Last Tour – Pompeii by Bastille
      The War Has Begun by StudiovideoHome – Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky – It Has Begun by Starset
      This is Violet Evergarden by SaminatorDavis – Violet Evergarden – This is Me by Kesha
      Through it All by TsundereKingdom – Sukitte Ii Na Yo – Now or Never by Halsey
      To an End Beside you by Magicflier for Illuminated Studios – No Game No Life: Zero – Liblume by Haraka Shimotsuki
      Untitled #2 by ARTSY – Byousoku 5 Centimeter (5 Centimeters Per Second) - TV players Promo tape/unquote Neverending Melodies
      Volpire! By Dariru – Rosario + Vampire – Heaven nor Hell by Volbeat
      While We’re Young by ShadowEaze - Uchiage Hanabi, Shita kara Miru ka? Yoko kara Miru ka? – While We’re Young by ARUNA ft FKA
      White Blank Page by darkangel199508 – Hunter x Hunter – White Blank Page by Mumford and Sons
      Z Legends by Black Manga Man AMV & Zaora – Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super – Assasin by Eben

If there are any discrepancies to this list, please let me know via PM as I am for some reason unable to get any messages on the replies to this thread. But otherwise, congratulations to our contest participants and thank you again to everyone who registered. There will be an announcement as to the winners on the 26th of August right after our awards ceremony.