Vegas Pro 14 in general

Discussion in 'Editing Help' started by FoxJones, Feb 13, 2017.

?

How is the latest version?

1. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Average

25.0%
  3. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I haven't used it long enough to tell

16.7%
  5. I don't have it

58.3%
  1. FoxJones

FoxJones the Foxiest

Now, I'm sure there are people here, who has experience on these new Vegas 14 editing programs. I'm currently working with the good-ol' Vegas 8, but I consider upgrading to 14 Edit.
    I'd like to hear your opinion and experiences of it!
    Money's not an issue for me, but I'm mostly concerned how heavy this software is. My setup is only a bit over a year old, so the computer itself is quite up-to-date. Still, these latest versions tend to use up whatever performance they can get, and seeing how well the old Vegas 8 runs with this year old PC, I just have to ask this first.
    So, those who has been using it.. how is it? Any problems/errors/crashes? Any subtle new features that you like? Something new you hate? (For example when I switched from version... 5, I think ..to my current 8, there was that way clips snapped to markers. This annoyed me at first, but now I love that little thing and don't think I can work without it)
    Discuss

2. mittoh!

mittoh! Laurie

I installed vegas 13 last april and, its been running excellently on my laptop which is coming up to about 5 years old now. It was pretty good when i got it but vegas doesnt take up too much memory, I sometimes leave it open when i play games and dont really notice the performance drop until i close it. From what I hear from the others though is that vegas 14 is very crash sensitive(?). Lots of issues with it after install, crashing during projects and the like. Although I havent heard of that for a few weeks so prehaps thats all been patched now? (or people are just living with it lol).

Anyway regardless I used vegas 7 way back when i was too young to remember stuff so i cant really speak of performance and software improvements, but the UI is a lot more relaxing on the eyes. It may seem like a dumb thing to like but the darker colours really help me when my eyes are tired because its 5 in the morning and oh god why am i still awake ect ect.

[​IMG]

3. WolfandSerpent

WolfandSerpent Queen of Plushies

Only issue I've had with 13 is it suddenly hated AVI files, even after giving it all kinds of codecs, so having to currently re-get all my anime and convert them to MP4 instead. Other than that been working great, I used to use 7 or 10 I think (been so long I cant remember anymore), and I do feel it is able to handle a lot more project wise than the older versions (less crashes). Not sure about 14 though, but I dont think there is that much difference between 13 and 14 tbh

4. FoxJones

FoxJones the Foxiest

That AVI issue sounds very worrisome, for I tend to make lossless (lagarith mostly) clips to edit with.

On another note about that.. does it take YUV colorspaces nowadays? Or is RGB still the way to go?

@mittoh! I saw what you did there with the clip choice

5. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

I have played with sony vegas 14 and it felt fine compared to other versions. I still prefer to be on adobe software

6. JerichoAMV

JerichoAMV New Member

I was using it for 2 months. I experienced crashes during loading project files, scrolling back and forth the timeline or even when it was minimized. But I have to say that some build versions of Vegas 14 have less crashes. From my personal experience Sony Vegas Pro 13 is the most stable version so far.

7. FoxJones

FoxJones the Foxiest

After using this for about 6 months I can say it works like a charm :3
    Still familiar Vegas, no major problems.. only managed to crash it maybe 2-3 times (so far).