World End - Nobody Loves Me Like You

Discussion in 'New AMV Announcements' started by Cneq, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Cneq

Cneq subarashii

Uploaded a new AMV! Feel free to check it out :)

2. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

there are parts of this that could be better, but something about it, keeps you engaged the entire time. good job!

3. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky Administrator Staff Member

I thought @Replay's reply was pretty vague, but after watching it I kind of get why. I can't really precisely say what it is that could be better about this one, but I felt like it was lacking something, or maybe there was too much sync/editing, and less would have been more effective. I'm not sure. I will say that I wasn't a fan of the short crossfades, but this is a personal preference of mine. I think hard cuts, or less cuts in general and longer crossfades, would have been better.

That said, I was into it throughout, and you did a good job of telling an engaging story. The last minute or so was especially nice. Good work!

4. Cneq

Cneq subarashii

Glad it managed to keep you interested! :)

5. Cneq

Cneq subarashii

I see what you mean when you say there was too much editing/syncing going on. I was really focused on including a lot of these major scenes before I even started editing and I think I went a bit overboard trying to fit them all in, which in turn made a lot of cuts and made the flow feel unnatural. And yeah I have a bit of a habit of adding 8 second or so crossfades when editing to smooth things out, will try and limit the use of them :)

I'm glad it kept you watching and that you enjoyed the story :)