Your Legend

Discussion in 'New AMV Announcements' started by JCD, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JCD

JCD New Member

So, the first time I made an AMV since 5 years. What, why?

I began long term traveling in 2013 and haven't had much time or technical capabilities to edit a lot of AMVs anymore and honestly, life became much more interesting anyway. I started traveling by bicycle a while after and I did edit videos I shot on that trip, uploaded on this channel.

But I did have the desire to compete on the AMV front again. So I decided to attend Connichi this year and I didn't want to turn up empty handed. When my life was on a bicycle and in a tent though, editing is difficult. I was in Edinburgh at the time and luckily had the chance to stay in a host's place for 2 nights and use their WiFi, so I threw this together.

So two nights with a couple of hours each to get the source, prepare it, edit, export and upload and submit everything. Don't expect too much, in fact this is probably one of the worst videos I ever made, it WILL disappoint you.

The song is by a Taiwanese band and sung in Mandarin. I did some lyric sync and without knowing the language it might be hard to get, so I included subtitles. Enable/disable them as you wish.

https://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=203041

2. CrackTheSky

CrackTheSky Administrator Staff Member

I honestly never thought I'd see another video from you again, so this was a nice surprise. Still, you're right, it wasn't up to your usual standards, although it's probably one of the only videos I've seen that use this source in a way that doesn't make it seem like the most uninteresting anime in the world (to me). I think it would have benefited a ton without the Chinese text effects, otherwise it was just fine. Not great, not bad, but my takeaway from this is that you're still interested in the AMV community, even if only slightly, and I think that's awesome.

3. FoxJones

FoxJones the Foxiest

Holy crappy sauerkraut! I also honestly never thought I'd see another video from you again! I'm going to watch this to get nice disappointment right now!

...and now I'm disappointed that it wasn't a disappointment. True, I couldn't get into the music/anime combo that much, but with the subtitles it was a nice to watch through.
    I didn't hate the "chinese text effects" ;)

As someone who struggles months with my own videos I just can't understand how people get something like this done in just a few days -_-

4. To be honest I don't believe I've seen any of your other videos to have anything to compare this too. However that being said, I still very much enjoyed the video. I thought it flowed pretty nice, and the song seemed to fit the source well. You said you prepped your source edited the video and uploaded it all in two days, to which I have to say I'm impressed... The quickest I've ever put out a video remotely this good is in a week... and even then yours is probably admittedly better than mine would be. So I was not disappointed... sorry to disappoint you:D.