Yuri on Ice

Discussion in 'Anime/Manga Discussion' started by Celia Phantomhive, Dec 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Celia Phantomhive

Celia Phantomhive The Yaoi Wizard Staff Member Queen of Yaoi

It had to be done

Yuri on Ice
    [​IMG]

Taking bets on whether or not Yuri and Victor will get married by the end of this season

Also YES everyone that doesn't live under a rock knows "it says Yuri on Ice but where is the yuri wtf" that joke is getting old, I hear it every time this show is mentioned, pls refrain from coming here just to post that THANK YOU MY DUDES

2. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

yuri on ice more like yaoi on ice :eek:

3. Ileia

Ileia WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE Staff Member Calendar Senpai

What's the err...plot?

4. Celia Phantomhive

i hate you

5. Celia Phantomhive

something something gay something gay gay gay

6. WendyChwan

WendyChwan New Member

Yuri on Ice is really amazing. At first I thought it was gonna be another Free, but the more episodes came out the more it proved me wrong. It's a sport anime with non fetishised homosexual main characters. Their romance is shown realistic and not rushed at all. This anime really surprised me, and it still does.
    ---anyways, they will get married :p

7. Celia Phantomhive

I expected it to be boring. Pretty, but boring. Then the romance hit me like "OH, DAMN, THANK YOU. FUCKING THANK YOU". It's like, everything I wish Free grew into. Actual relationship development. [​IMG]

8. ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu Pirate Hunter

Rip :eek:

9. ailynerie

ailynerie "El Angie"

They already exchanged vows and Yuri will give Viktor "something round and golden" what could it ever mean

10. Celia Phantomhive

upload_2016-12-6_19-19-0.png

11. Joskua

Joskua Taco Queen Staff Member Queen of Tacos

I really want them to get married at the end of the season BUT I can't help to be negative... I mean, it is the first time WE GET A CANON GAY COUPLE OUTSIDE AN ANIME LABELED AS BL, so I'm not sure what will happen, and as it is an original work we have no clue about the next episodes o_O

12. Celia Phantomhive

I'm conflicted about feeling happy that they were able to have romance without being forced to label it as a BL, and feeling annoyed since THE BL LABEL IS THE ONLY WAY I FIND ANIME I'D LIKE upload_2016-12-7_10-44-26.png upload_2016-12-7_10-44-27.png

13. Celia Phantomhive

SUCCESS
    upload_2016-12-7_20-49-56.png

14. Replay

Replay Administrator Staff Member

15. Kimberly

Kimberly Moderator Staff Member

KUMIREI!!!

oh wait sorry

Celia Phantomhive likes this.
  16. Kazu

Kazu Pink Power

Wait is that real or it's like yuri's ir victor's dream or??? I'm still on episode 7 :( don't want to be disappointed if it's not real

17. Celia Phantomhive

IT REAL
    IT'S SO REAL

18. mittoh!

mittoh! Guest

Its really fascinating how we have two 'sports' anime that couldnt be more different than each other this season.
    One side you have a mature, yaoi oriented show... then you have this.
    [​IMG]

19. Celia Phantomhive

theyre both pretty gay

mittoh! likes this.
  20. Rider4Z

Rider4Z The Machine

I haven't seen the series myself but my friend just posted this review about it this morning:

"In lieu of episode 10: May I just say that if you haven't watched YOI you're missing out on one of the most beautiful relationships known to the anime community. Not only has this show drawn me back to figure skating, it is so absolutely well done in struggles, hardship, pressure, family, and friends. If the gorgeous animation style doesn't lure you in I don't know what will. I've laughed in happiness with friends over how this show doesn't shy away from same sex relationships (which you could argue is implied, or they're just close). But regardless, dear lord has this show been heart warming in so many ways. Please please please give it a try. It's bounds different than any sports anime I've seen."